Website Gone - Fatal error - web host can't help

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bp_dtheme_ajax_querystring() (previously declared in /hermes/bosweb/web149/b1490/nf.graduationinsurancec/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-scholar/_inc/ajax.php:17) in /hermes/bosweb/web149/b1490/nf.graduationinsurancec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/ajax.php on line 81

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi CoachJo,

Hmm, sounds familiar. Did you by any chance have the BuddyPress Template Pack plugin installed?

The themes here wouldn't need that at all and in fact it can cause some trouble for them, as that error may be indicating.

If that's the case, what you can do is delete that plugin's folder from your /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site, at which point all should work well.

Could you let me know if that's the case?

Thanks,
    David

• CoachJo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Uh-oh. Here's how I interpreted your advice:

I used FileZilla and I went to /public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes and hit Delete.

Now I have this:

Warning: require_once(/hermes/bosweb/web149/b1490/nf.graduationinsurancec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/ajax.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web149/b1490/nf.graduationinsurancec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bp-template-pack/bpt-functions.php on line 29

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/hermes/bosweb/web149/b1490/nf.graduationinsurancec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/ajax.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web149/b1490/nf.graduationinsurancec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bp-template-pack/bpt-functions.php on line 29

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi CoachJo,

That would be the BuddyPress default theme you just deleted actually, but that can be easily replaced by simply re-installing BuddyPress. You can just copy the files from the BuddyPress folder here, and place them in your /wp-content/plugins/ folder, overwriting your existing BuddyPress files.
    http://buddypress.org/download/

The data for all these things is stored in the database so there's not really anything that can't be somewhat easily fixed with some simple copying over of files.

That error message you posted though definitely verifies you've got the BuddyPress Template Pack installed in the following folder:
    /wp-content/plugins/bp-template-pack/

That folder, when deleted, should sort this.

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.