Website Is Not Showing My Footer Widgets

I have had problems with Display Widget plugin and Widget Options plugin. I have them both installed on my website with just Display Widget plugin activated now, however it doesn't seem to matter when I have either plugin activated or neither plugin activated, I am not showing any footer widgets on my sub-domain of https://chat.christiangays.com/

I have it set for four widgets, the same and the home page, but nothing is showing up.

Would appreciate it if you would have a look.
Support access is granted.
Thank you.

• James Morris

Hello again Mary,

I hope you are well today.

Seems you're having a lot of problems with these widget visibility plugins. :disappointed:

Let me see if I can help you narrow this down a bit...

When you disable these plugins, will your widgets display correctly? Your GeneratePress settings look good. In a previous ticket, you mentioned you had Display Widgets enabled and it stopped working.

Do you know about when it stopped working? Do you recall any changes you made just before it stopped working.

If we can systematically backtrack to what happened just before that plugin stopped working, we'll likely find why Display Widgets and Widget Options will not work now.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Mary

Hi James,

I think that I have always had problems with Display Widgets plugin not holding my selections, but it did work once set so I didn't do anything about it.

The problem arose when I started adding a new custom google ad size (250 x 600) and I only wanted it to show on certain pages. At first I put it to just show on the Events List and Events Calendar, but then I wanted to add it to the List Serve page, and eventually some others.

Whenever I would go in to add another page I would have to add all the pages that I had added before. This became very frustrating so I decided to try the Options Widget instead.

I was unable to get the Options Widget plugin to work at all, including the new beta version they suggested I try.

I only noticed the footer widgets missing from the Chat site last night, however they could have been missing just since last night or for a long time since I don't go into all the sites every day, and I rarely scroll down to the bottom of the chat page.

I have tried with no widget plugins activated, with just Display Widgets activated and with Widget Options activated. It doesn't matter which configuration. No footer widgets show on the chat page.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.