Website Platforms setup

Hello,

I would like some enlightment in my case please. Resuming what i want to do is to offer 3 plans and according the plan the user/client will have a site with more or less features enabled. How can i use pro sites plugin to do that? I know that my question is very general but i need some guidance to find a point to begin with.

I need Pro Sites plugin? Membership Plugin or what to set up the kind of membership! And then how do i make the pricing table appear? I cant find how to use it!

Thank you

• Tyler Postle

Hey Christopher,

Happy to help with this.

So yes, you are right that you will need Pro Sites. You actually won't need Membership unless you want to use that as a plugin or premium plugin that your users can use.

Resuming what i want to do is to offer 3 plans and according the plan the user/client will have a site with more or less features enabled. How can i use pro sites plugin to do that?

1. Pro Sites comes with a default free plan, so if one of your 3 plans is a free option then you don't need to create that. if it's not, then create 3 "levels" and name them anything you like.

2. Activate the Premium Plugins and Premium themes(if you want to limit themes too) modules via: Pro Sites > Modules.

Then you can go to: Pro Sites > Premium plugins and select which level a user needs to upgrade to in order to use certain plugins.

3. For getting the Pro Sites checkout setup you will want to go to:

Pro Sites > Settings. and check the "sign up on checkout" option:

You will likely also want to go to: Pro Sites > Pricing Tables. and enable the pricing table as well, there are some other design/customization options you can do on that page as well if you like.

You can also add content to your Pro Sites checkout page here:

If you have any further questions just let us know. Hope that gives you a good starting point!

Another plugin to check out would be New Blog Templates: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

That will allow you to setup a default template for your users sites so they don't have to set it all up from scratch.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Christopher

Hello Tyler, thank you for your info but i still feel lost.

I will explain with as much as possible details what i want to do.

So i have one site the zenmarketing.pro which is the main sales site where the user can buy a plan.

1. I want to show the price table but i dont know where to find it (shortcode?) and how to make it appear.
    2. When a user signs up in one of the 3 levels he can be able to choose a own custom domain or a subdomain of zenmarketing.
    3. I want to enable in each level different plugins and themes.In the modules i can universaly enable or disable. In premium plugins i can set for each level different plugins but the ones that are not of wpmudev. The same with premium themes.
    4. Under general settings i dont understand what Rebrand Pro Sites is!Could throw some light?

thats it for now.

Thank you

• Tyler Postle

Hey Christopher,

1. I want to show the price table but i dont know where to find it (shortcode?) and how to make it appear.

The pricing table will show up on your Pro Sites checkout table, which by default is yoursite.com/pro-site

2. When a user signs up in one of the 3 levels he can be able to choose a own custom domain or a subdomain of zenmarketing.

Yes, so by default they will be able to choose their own subdomain and then you could configure Domain Mapping to allow them to purchase a domain after they have signed up. You would need to setup the eNom integration within Domain Mapping.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/

3. I want to enable in each level different plugins and themes.In the modules i can universaly enable or disable. In premium plugins i can set for each level different plugins but the ones that are not of wpmudev. The same with premium themes.

What do you mean the ones that are not of WPMU DEV? Which ones specifically aren't you able to select? Keep in mind that network only plugins won't be able to be selected since they can only be activated at the network admin level.

4. Under general settings i dont understand what Rebrand Pro Sites is! Could throw some light?

It's for the URL and other areas where it might say "Pro Sites" to your members, you can re-brand it to your own thing, so if you change that field to "plus" then your new Pro Sites checkout/pricing table page will become yoursite.com/plus

Do you mind granting support access so I can check out how you currently have it setup?

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Grant Support Access.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Then I should be able to help you out with getting it setup how you want :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Christopher

Access Granted.

Accordign to .3 I want for example user levele 1 can use the hummingbird and defender. The user level 2 use 3 more plagins and the user level 3 use all the plugins. I have activated all plugins in network but i dont know how to choose which one each level can use.

something else. I figured out the the checkout page is /pricing. But if i try to access in that page as not registered user it will ask me to sign up. How can i change that? Because for example the first time a user comes i wnat him to be able to choose the plan he wants and then once they pay they register.

Thank you so much

• Tyler Postle

Hey Christopher,

Sorry about the delay!

Accordign to .3 I want for example user levele 1 can use the hummingbird and defender. The user level 2 use 3 more plagins and the user level 3 use all the plugins. I have activated all plugins in network but i dont know how to choose which one each level can use.

The issue here is that Hummingbird and Defender are network only plugins so in a multisite environment they have to be network activated across all sites or not at all.

I see you have CoursePress Pro as well. That one will work, basically whichever level you select in my screenshot below, will have access to it and every level below that as well, so the level selections are inclusive. Which will work with your plan :slight_smile:

Keep in mind that as a super admin you won't ever be restricted from activating plugins on subsites no matter what their pro level is. So to properly test whether limits you set are working, you will want to login as a subsite admin.

something else. I figured out the the checkout page is /pricing. But if i try to access in that page as not registered user it will ask me to sign up. How can i change that? Because for example the first time a user comes i wnat him to be able to choose the plan he wants and then once they pay they register.

The process will go:

1. Select plan
    2. Register
    3. Pay for plan

Register has to go before payment because the user/site has to exist within the WordPress install before a site and payment plan can be associated with them. If the user paid first, then we would confirm payment but have no site to associate the payment with. So it's more of a limitation within WordPress that the site/user has to exist before the payment part happens.

If you have any further questions on any of this just let me know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Christopher

I solved this issue. But i am facing with another one! I set up the sandbox API correctly. I made the payment and when i return to the site it returns me to the pricing page showing me this message "There are pending changes to your account. This message will disappear once these pending changes are completed." and i never receive a confirmation email.

What can i do to run a full test ?

Thank you

• Tyler Postle

Hey Christopher,

Sounds like you may not have turned on the PayPal IPN and added your sites IPN url.

You can turn that setting on by first logging into https://sandbox.paypal.com

Then going here: https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-ipn-notify

Or if that link doesn't work, go to:

My Account > Profile > Instant Payment Notification Preferences

There will be a field to put your IPN url, you'll find that url in your Pro Sites PayPal gateway settings here:

Hope that helps! If you're still having any issues just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Christopher,

Emails not sending is most often either a plugin conflict or a server conflict.

1. Plugin conflict: we can figure out if it's a plugin conflict or not by temporarily deactivating all other plugins so only Pro Sites is active, then try signing up again and see if you get the email.

If you still don't get the sign up emails then we know it's likely not a plugin conflict.

2. Server conflict/issue: Often web host default email servers aren't very good and you run into issues like this with them. So a good alternative is to switch your email sending server which you can do with an SMTP plugin: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

That is a popular one. There are some setup instructions on the wp.org plugin page above and then more detailed setup instructions here: https://wp-ecommerce.net/easy-wordpress-smtp-send-emails-from-your-wordpress-site-using-a-smtp-server-2197

If you have troubles with setting up your email then you may want to contact your host to ensure they allow switching the sending server. If you have any other issues then just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.