Website & Scholar/Media Wiki Systems Integration

I'm finishing up a wp website using a PageLines theme for consulting purposes. I purchased the Scholar theme and desire to use it for research purposes, and want to integrate into it the Media Wiki platform to support research effort. The plan is for members to have access to Media Wiki for research purposes (topic development/writing/collaboration, etc.), and access to Scholar within a blog/forum setting. Scholar is hosted on a separate domain with Media Wiki integration, will appear as a menu item on a different domain/website using the PageLines, and will open in a separate window. In regard to my project, I ask the following for assistance:

(a) How can I avoid possible redirection problems when switching between the two websites?
(b) How can Media Wiki be seamlessly integrated into Scholar? I have yet to complete preliminary workup as I must first learn the fundamentals of designing a research venue using Media Wiki. Are there any known technical problems when integrating Scholar and Media Wiki? I saw only one website where this was done using Scholar and I believe a different Wiki. Are there others known that I could take a look at?
(c) Any idea where technical/design information can be acquired that may assist me in this undertaking?

All assistance much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Philip John

Hiya and welcome to WPMU DEV!

a) Both MediaWiki and WordPress will need to be installed in different areas, either subdirectory, sub-domain or domain to avoid redirecting conflicts. You should install them as far apart as possible (i.e. in separate domains or sub-domains) to avoid possible conflicts.

b) Scholar is a WordPress theme and as such entirely dependent on WordPress. It cannot simply be integrated into MediaWiki. If you want your MediaWiki installation to have the same look and feel you will need to create an entirely new MediaWiki theme based on Scholar, but the two won't work togather.

c) I believe this mainly focuses around creating a new theme for Media Wiki so you'll want to consult their documentation and any support forums they have.

Cheers,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.