Website still not using https

I have installed Let's Encrypt for pmai.us which is a subsite on pmasource.co. I run online tests like https://ssl.webaware.net.au/testing/ and https://www.whynopadlock.com/check.php -- the certificate is valid, but there seems to be a redirect back to http://www.pmai.is.

I've check .htacces, wp-config.php and can't find the problem.

I'll give you access to the site to check this out.
Thank in advance for you help!

Larry

  • James Morris

    Hello Larry Levenson,

    I hope you are well today.

    I'm seeing some very strange symptoms in your Domain Mapping. There's settings to force https but they do not seem to be taking effect. I suspect there may be a deeper issue here that cannot be resolved from the WordPress Dashboard. In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site?

    Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

    Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down box.

    Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

    In the Message box, please provide the following:

    - Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

    - Domain Registrar Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

    - Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

    - FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

    Best regards,

    James Morris

  • James Morris

    Hello Larry Levenson,

    I hope you are well today.

    I've been working on trying to come up with a solution to your problem. What I've determined is, because you are using a non-standard setup in Network Admin -> Sites, I'm unable to change the protocol from http -> https. Normally, on a multisite network, you leave the original URL structures in place (in this case subdirectory) and use the Domain Mapping plugin to handle the mapping for you. In your setup, you've changed the Site Address (URL), Siteurl and Home URLs to that of the mapped domain. For branding purposes, I understand why this was done. However, this is what's causing the problem.

    What I believe the simplest solution to this problem would be to create a new subsite using the standard subfolder URL structure (http://primarydomain.tld/pmai/). Then, use the Cloner plugin to clone all of the content, settings and themes over into the new site. Once that's done, unmap the pmai domain from the original subsite and map it to the new subsite, using the https protocol.

    You may also need to change the Site Address, Siteurl and Home URLs on the original subsite to something unique so that there are no conflicts.

    Please let us know if this resolves your problem.

    Best regards,

    James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.