website theme only with pages

hi ther are so many themes here but with wich one
i can just make a website look and no blog

this is what i mean
- drop down menu on top
-left olso a drop down menu
only with pages
so that i can have static info on every pages
if someone can give some names of the templates it wil be creat otherwise i need to run trow all of them and ther alot them

• DavidM

Hi vpeterv,

You've got quite a lot of choices really, even with your specifications! I'll see if I might be able to help simplify though.

To begin with, all the themes here would basically be capable of handling only static pages and also having a drop down top menu and sidebar menu (you can create custom menus at Appearance > Menus).

I believe the key thing to consider from what you said though is the left drop down menu, which you could probably best get by using a custom menu widget, using a theme that has a left sidebar.

For that matter, SimpleMarket has a left-hand sidebar:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/simplemarket

And so does the Scholar theme:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/buddypress-scholar-theme

Just to add too, as you mentioned static pages, you can set a static front-page up at Settings > Reading. WordPress themes usually display the blog index on the front-page but you can override it with that setting.

Hope that helps a bit, please let me know if you have further questions on it!

-David

• vpeterv

yes thank i wil look to the templates what u say
    but

Just to add too, as you mentioned static pages, you can set a static front-page up at Settings > Reading. WordPress themes usually display the blog index on the front-page but you can override it with that setting.

i whas talking about users blog and whne i log in in a user dashboard and go to settings - reading
    i cant find that option for static pages
    (normaly when i just instal wordpres alone so no wpmu than it is ther i new that olso)

i only see in the users dashboard
    settings>reading
    Blog pages show at most posts
    Syndication feeds show the most recent items
    For each article in a feed, show
    For each article in a feed, show

Full text
    Summary
    Encoding for pages and feeds

and no option for static pages.
    ther for i whas asking that becas i new normaly it is ther on that place
    so can u stil help me with that

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.