Website went down after performing WPMUDEV plugin updates

Hi, I was in the Hub and performed the updates to my website there and now the website won’t load. What can I do?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi CK Fusion,

Sorry to hear about that. Enabling debug mode would give a better idea, where the issue is located. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
    define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

After making the above changes, please try to load the frontend, and the related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

If notice any logs with “Fatal Error” in there, and it pointing to to a plugin, you could temporarily disable the plugin by renaming the plugin folder, under /wp-content/plugins. For example, if Hustle is having issue from the logs, you can rename the folder, from:

/wp-content/plugins/hustle/

to:

/wp-content/plugins/hustle-off

This will make sure the plugin is deactivated, so the site would load fine. If the logs isn’t give much clue, or you aren’t sure how to follow the above instructions.

Then please send credentials by using our secure contact form, so that we could help get your site working:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

– To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login url

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• CK Fusion
    • Flash Drive

Thank you, Nithin! The site loaded again after following these steps, and it was in fact the Hustle plugin that was creating the problem. Now how do I go ahead and perform the updates without having this issue again? The debug log says that the error is here, if that’s of any help to you:

.../hustle/opt-in.php on line 78

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi CK Fusion,

That’s odd. We don’t have any reports of Hustle causing a conflict after update. However, the above log doesn’t seems be the full error message, could you please share the entire line of the error log, so that we could see what exact issue occurred in Hustle.

Is it possible for you to check whether re-installing Hustle Pro plugin, and activating again, works in your side? Maybe during the update, the plugin file got corrupted somehow.

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could help get this sorted asap. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.