Website won't open-Simplr-registration-form error

I've been away from my project (my website) for quite awhile due to health issues. I'm ready to start working on it again, and the first thing that shows up when I bring up my website is this error:

Warning: require_once(/home/dspinner/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simplr-registration-form/lib/messages.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dspinner/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simplr-registration-form/simplr_reg_page.php on line 40

I went into cpanel and indeed there isn't a messages.php file. It's been awhile and the gears are rusty on this end, so I'll need some help with this. Can I just create an empty file named messages.php and add it to that folder? I'm not sure what this file was meant to do, and I'm not sure where it went either.

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/dspinner/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simplr-registration-form/lib/messages.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dspinner/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simplr-registration-form/simplr_reg_page.php on line 40