Weekly Calendar plugin - checking booking status and capacity

We're adapting the plugin to use as a class scheduler and booking system for a couple of surf schools.

What's the simplest way to check if the user is attending an event and the currently available seats in the Weekly Calendar plugin for Events+?

• euDigital

Exactly my thoughts :slight_smile: thank you. There's an eab_model class with all the needed methods, but i'm unsure if i have all the required data inside the weekly calendar to instantiate it and trust the returned results (all the events/classes are recurring). We're trying to minimize the modifications to the plugin code to ease the later "isolation/extraction" to plugins for the Events+ plugin.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Purple dude,

Hope you're doing well today! I'm not the developer, but hope you don't mind me chiming in here in the meantime.

Are you wanting to set a maximum capacity or just see how many seats are left at any given time? There is a limited capacity add-on you can activate :slight_smile:

You can see the event attending list by going to the event rsvp's underneath the event editor on the backend. If you're wanting to see the event attending list for a recurring event in the future then you can edit that specific event by clicking on "Edit instance" in the right sidebar.

Click on the event date you want to check the list for.

Just a thought here, instead of adapting the events+ plugin, why not use our CoursePress plugin? That allows you to set a max capacity and you could even setup some online section of the courses if you like, not mandatory though.

Then set duration of the course and set the start and end times of the classes within the course :slight_smile: you can turn on a class discussion as well in-case you want to allow your students to discuss amongst themselves even online.

Another option would be to use our Appointments+ plugin, that way they can schedule specific times that you have set out.

Hope this helps! Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. Happy Holidays!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.