Weird "double menu bar", full post/excerpts... wpmudev not for idiots :p

i've put the business feature theme up on geomatics2009.com, and without touching anything (outside of renaming home.php), it's doing this weird 2 bar thing for the top menu..

I've been inside every theme file trying to figure out how to turn off excerpts, but can't figure it out.

Thanks for the help..

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello mylinkclub,

I see that you have BuddyPress loaded up there as well. I believe the theme detects BuddyPress and displays that secondary menu below the main nav area. Could you perhaps try creating a quick menu in the menu system to see if that is the case?

Cheers,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Helly mylinkclub,

I don't have the time to verify this so basically what I can say is that you'll find that BuddyPress navigation bar at the following:
    business-feature/library/components/buddypress-navigation.php

You might be able to simply remove that file as with your previous removal of home.php.

Cheers,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi guys,

Taking a look in the following file:
    business-feature/library/components/buddypress-navigation.php

You'll notice the whole bottom portion is pertaining to BuddyPress and to eliminate that section you can simply remove it so the file looks as follows:

<div class="nav">
    <div class="content-wrap">
    <div class="content-content">
    <ul>
    	<?php wp_nav_menu( array('theme_location' => 'primary', 'menu_class' => 'sf-menu', 'container' => '', )); ?>
    </ul>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

So Basically, you can just replace the contents of the file with the above. Of course, I just verified it on a basic test site, but please let me know if you encounter any troubles. Oh, and this only applies to the current version 1.9.8 as far as I can verify. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.