Weirdness with Subsite and Plugin Missing

So, when I click on "my sites", one of them only shows Visit|Dashboard - does not show the name of the site (when My Sites fills the whole page, not the drop-down list.) If you try to go to the live site, it says "Error Establishing a Database Connection". You can go to the dashboard, but it shows the name of the main site at the top, instead of the name of the subsite, like the other subsites do. AND the domain mapping plugin is not under the tools menu, but it is network activated and that show in the plugin list (of the bad site). All other sites are ok, it's just the one. And the mapping plugin is ok on the other sites. What in the world?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jill,

That sounds like odd behaviour, we could have a better idea if you could enable support access to your website so that we could check the issue live, and see what could be causing this.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jill,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I suppose the subsite where you are noticing the issue is personalinjurylawyexxxxxxxx.com website, right?

Could you please add the following code inside the wp-config.php file:
    define('WP_ALLOW_REPAIR', true);

Please make sure to place the above code, just before the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

The wp-config.php file resides in the root directory. The root directory is where WordPress core folders reside, ie /wp-includes, /wp-admin, /wp-content etc

Once the above code is added, please go to the subsite dashboard, ie:
    yoursubsiteURL.com/wp-admin

And click the repaired link, as seen in the following screenshot:

And see whether it helps in resolving the issue. Please do share a screenshot if you notice any error past the step.

Also, please do note the above steps would be repairing the database side, so please do make sure to take a backup before performing the above steps to make sure the changes did could be reverted in case something odd happens.

Please do let us know how that goes, have a nice day ahead.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.