Welcome email not substituting variable for ms-name

The welcome message received is as follows:

Welcome. You are now subscribed to the %ms-name% Membership at Freelance Dietitians Group!
You can review and edit your membership details here: account page

The content for the welcome message is the default for the plugin

• Johanna
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Jude,

It is already enabled and Predrag is using it.

Please note that this default (out of the box) email which is sent in response to a user registration

Kind Regards
    Johanna

PS Could you point me at the documentation for the MS placeholders, as the account page is not the most appropriate page in our case

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Johanna, Michael here! :slight_smile:

I see that by "welcome message", you're referring to the email message provided by the "Signup - User account created" response, courtesy of the Additional Automated Messages add-on.

I'm a bit curious as to how the %ms-name% variable ended up there, since the default email message for this particular response should be like this:

<h2>Hi %username%,</h2><br /><br />welcome to %blog-name%! We have created a brand new account for you and you can head right over to %blog-url% and log in with your username and password.<br /><br />Username: %username%<br>Password: %password%

Or, without all that code there, like this:

Hi %username%,

welcome to %blog-name%! We have created a brand new account for you and you can head right over to %blog-url% and log in with your username and password.

Username: %username%
    Password: %password%

As for the placeholders, if you're inside the Visual editor, you'll see an option there called "Insert Membership Variables", you'll want to go there to find the variables available for an email. Please note, that depending on the email, the list of variables available will vary.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.