Welcome emails and custom content Based on Pro site or membership plugins

Following on from this discussion:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/buddypress-group-join-on-signup

I had an idea that may or not be feasible. Would it be possible to create an email for each membership level that would be sent to new members when they sign up suggesting groups they could join which would use some kind of token that would autojoin them to groups that they clicked? Or maybe a form in the email that when submitted could add them to several groups at a time using the same idea but via radio buttons etc.

The email plugins and group email plugins all exist at wpmu but would be a great idea to implement some form of integration with them all.

aecnu

Greetings Tom,

Thank you for your feedback as always and it is certainly appreciated.

Not being a coder myself, I have no idea of the feasibility or what coding would be necessary to put somethings like this together.

In addition, as we both have seen by the other post this has indeed been moved to feature requests, though to the best of my knowledge no action has been taken thereof.

However, if you want to help further the possibility of something like this being worked out, I would suggest to actually put this is for a new plugin to be created addressing this exact function without reference to the other plugins here:

You can now make plugin and feature requests here:
    http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/

The more popular a request is and the more votes it gets, the more likely it will be considered.

It might have already been suggested. It is worth a quick search to add your votes before submitting a new suggestion.

Then once you have the URL to the request, post it everywhere that it is applicable on other tickets with the goal of people clicking on the post and giving there thumbs up Similar to posting it on that older ticket and addressing all the members in it to show there support for wanting this new plugin.

I still cannot guarantee that it will be developed, but the chances are much higher doing this and more likely to get the Big Bosses attention.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe