Welcome Newsletter Not Sent To New Members

I have just had a new member register. He did not receive the Welcome Newsletter. See screenshot.

support access is granted.

• Dimitris

Hey there Mary,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I tried to create a new dummy user (dimitriswpmudev) in main site directly from Users -> Add New and after waiting for a while no email reached my inbox (or spam folder).

Could you please enable debug mode if not already?
    Simply access your server via FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by registering another test user. By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply. If file size exceeds the 5MB limit of our forums, please use a service like Dropbox instead and post the shareable link.

Take care,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mary!

I will surely consult that with Ash but it would be great if you could share the log with us here anyway. The "debug.log" file cannot be attached but if you rename it to "debug.txt" it will go through. An exception would be if it's bigger than 5MB and in that case please upload it to any file storage such service such as your Google Drive or Dropbox account and post a download link here.

Could you please give it a try?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mary,

I had a look at your debug log but there's nothing regarding Newsletter in there, there are some notices about deprecated functions but those shouldn't be affecting your site in any way, there's also one fatal error regarding BuddyPress but this doesn't seem related to emails and it should be gone after saving all the BP settings.

I do have a followup question about this, what exactly are you referring to with Newsletter welcome email?
    As plugin settings says the confirmation email is sent only to users that are not registered:

I tested subscription to newsletter without user account created and the email was sent normally:

So it seems like emails for non-members is working properly and about the numbers of screenshot you attached above, those will count only for actual newsletters, not the welcome email as well.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mary

This has been sitting in my inbox for several days while I try to figure out what to do. I was thinking that perhaps I should create a new group of "New Members" and then I would be notified when the welcome email went out, but quite honestly I'm just really confused.

When a new Member Registers s/he should be sent the Welcome to Christian Gays newsletter automatically. The newsletter ID is #1. It currently says that it has been sent to 57 members and opened by 47.

See screenshot

When I go to 5 Latest Members it only shows that it went out to 1. See screenshot.

Please tell me what to do next to make sure that my new members are getting the Welcome Newsletter.
    Thank you.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mary,

The thing here is that Welcome email is not sent to registered users, it's only sent to visitors that subscribe to newsletter directly, registered users are subscribed automatically and they are not sent a welcome email.

I'm afraid that e-Newsletter doesn't have an option to send welcome email to registered members as well.

Perhaps you can send out an email from WP Members plugins as that's the one handling new registration?

Best regards,
    Predrag