Welcome page and log-in issue

Final thing to sort out before launch... (please note this says this is for the site wibble.bluebit.co.uk - but that was the developent server - the live site is wibble.us... how do i change that on here?)

After payment members are taken directly to the Welcome page. This is good. However, until they are logged in, they cannot see the instructions for different levels of membership that I have set up on that page behind 'protected content shortcodes].

It does instruct them to login though (and once they are logged in the site works as it should) however, they are not automatically redirected back to the welcome page after logging in - which is where all the instructions are.

Therefore I need to take paid members directly from payment on Paypal to a log-in page which then directs them automatically to the Welcome page.
Is this possible?

Please advise asap, as my developer is working on this today on the live site.
Also, please can you check that I've written this welcome page correctly as the member can see 'protect my content for level-1-basic-membership' text. Thanks

Here's what I have on the WELCOME PAGE (for your info):

----------------------------
Thank you for subscribing to WiBBLE membership.

So… here’s what to do next

[level-level-1-basic-membership]Protect my content for level-1-basic-membership 1. Visit this link to DOWNLOAD YOUR E-BOOK.[/level-level-1-basic-membership]
[level-level-1-basic-membership]Protect my content for level-1-basic-membership 2. Submit your directory listing here[/level-level-1-basic-membership]
[level-level-1-basic-membership]Protect my content for level-1-basic-membership 3. Sign in to use the WiBBLE Forums here. They are split into Regions as you can build good relationships with WiBBLErs from your neck of the woods. However, you are free to use other forums to promote your stuff too.[/level-level-1-basic-membership]

[level-level-2-super-membership]Protect my content for level-2-super-membership 4. Visit this link to DOWNLOAD YOUR WiBBLE Small Business TOOLBOX [/level-level-2-super-membership]

[level-level-3-supersonic-membership]Protect my content for level 3-supersonic-membership 5. Visit this link to DOWNLOAD YOUR WiBBLE Small Business TOOLBOX
6. You will receive an e-mail with instructions about how to access the online Social Media ELearning Course shortly. [/level-level-3-supersonic-membership]

7. Choose your WiBBLE badge and post on your website to spread the WiBBLE Word. Now that you are a fully-fledged member of WiBBLE, rather than offer you a secret handshake (which we would if we could) we'd like to offer you a badge to proudly display on your website to help us spread the WiBBLE word. There are 3 lovely badges to choose from. Please copy the code below underneath to the badge you like best and paste it into the html code of your website (or ask your developer to do this). Many thanks

Please right click and 'save' your preferred badge above. Here's the code you will need to link back to WiBBLE.

You can view and edit your account settings here.

You can upgrade to a different subscription level and manage your subscription here.
--------------------------------

Thank you.
Kind regards
Cheryl Rickman

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Cheryl Rickman,

Thank you for these great questions and significant items to bring up.

Therefore I need to take paid members directly from payment on Paypal to a log-in page which then directs them automatically to the Welcome page.
    Is this possible?

Anything is possible when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get it done - and I am not a coder.

Getting the log in to redirect after log in is simple enough but it will redirect all those logging in and not discriminate where they come from i.e. PayPal etc.

Custom coding can certainly get this handled if there is a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute or perhaps you could approach someone like Tweaky to get the job done.

Concerning your Welcome page, it is not necessary to wrap every sentence with the level short code though it will indeed work:

What you have:
    [level-level-1-basic-membership]Protect my content for level-1-basic-membership 1. Visit this link to DOWNLOAD YOUR E-BOOK.[/level-level-1-basic-membership]
    [level-level-1-basic-membership]Protect my content for level-1-basic-membership 2. Submit your directory listing here[/level-level-1-basic-membership]
    [level-level-1-basic-membership]Protect my content for level-1-basic-membership 3. Sign in to use the WiBBLE Forums here. They are split into Regions as you can build good relationships with WiBBLErs from your neck of the woods. However, you are free to use other forums to promote your stuff too.[/level-level-1-basic-membership]

It could be:
    [level-level-1-basic-membership]Protect my content for level-1-basic-membership 1. Visit this link to DOWNLOAD YOUR E-BOOK.Protect my content for level-1-basic-membership 2. Submit your directory listing hereProtect my content for level-1-basic-membership 3. Sign in to use the WiBBLE Forums here. They are split into Regions as you can build good relationships with WiBBLErs from your neck of the woods. However, you are free to use other forums to promote your stuff too.[/level-level-1-basic-membership]

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.