Welcome this weeks Latest Life Time Member Gabe

Welcome our latest amazing Life Time Member who can be found almost everywhere making amazing posts and supporting other members. It's members like him that put a smile on our faces and demonstrate what a great community this is. Even with his at times limited free time he always finds the time to help everyone out and quite often beats us to the post.

So @Gabe welcome to the club and post a bit about yourself here

Cheers Tom and the rest of the WPMU DEV team!

Have a great holiday and look forward to seeing you around just as much next year

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Congratulations Gabe :slight_smile:

Your Lifetime Membership is well-earned indeed!

I often find myself viewing threads where you have beat us to the punch and provided solutions for other members. I usually just sit back and enjoy the show :slight_smile:

So keep up the good work sir... and thanks for being an extraordinary member!

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

Wow thanks guys, this is pretty awesome.

It's kind of funny how I stumbled onto WPMU DEV. I started building my multisite project earlier this year and stumbled onto various WPMU DEV pages, but never really understood what it was all about. In the Fall I signed up for Mixergy and heard James' interview and learned all about WPMU DEV. I listened to the interview about three times and thought wow, this is exactly what I need! When I went to go sign up, I thought, "Hey, I know this site" and learned I already had an account from January of this year.

Anyway, from that point on there was no looking back. My project (still in development) is essentially built on your plugins. Right around the time I signed up for WPMU DEV I was in the process of dropping $3,000 to $5,000 for a custom solution similar to Pro Sites and other plugins...you can't beat your offerings. Sure, every plugin isn't perfect out of the box, but the plugins usually have enough customization options built-in to make them perfect for a variety of projects with a little bit of work.

Helping out on the forums has also helped expand my knowledge. I'm not at all a tech/internet guy by trade. I have degrees in Psychology and Finance, have a military background in the Marine Corps and invest in real estate as a hobby... I've never worked in tech. Everything I learned is just from reading, playing with code, experimenting, seeing a question on the forums and figuring it out, etc. in my free time. I think it's really great that an average guy like me with a minimal tech background can learn so much, get so much and do so much for such a minimal cost with your plugins and services. It shows that anyone can make something incredible with these tools, the willingness to learn, and a lot of hard work.

Anyway, I appreciate what you guys do and appreciate you letting me be part of this community. Onwards to 2,000 points :slight_smile:

-Gabe

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

@Gabe, as a psychology major, I think you can appreciate that we love insanely helpful people around here. And you, my friend, are practically certifiable and I love it! Keep up the great work. We all really appreciate it. It's folks like you that make this community the awesome entity it is!

Cheers,
    Paul

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@Gabe

Congratulations, enjoy bumping into you on threads. Look forward to interacting with you more in the future! :slight_smile:

have a military background in the Marine Corps

Thank You for your service!!!!!!

My dad was/is an old "Devil Dog" too!

From the Halls of Montezuma,
    To the shores of Tripoli;
    We fight our country's battles
    In the air, on land, and sea;
    First to fight for right and freedom
    And to keep our honor clean:
    We are proud to claim the title
    Of United States Marine.
    Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
    From dawn to setting sun;
    We have fought in every clime and place
    Where we could take a gun;
    In the snow of far-off Northern lands
    And in sunny tropic scenes;
    You will find us always on the job
    The United States Marines.
    Here's health to you and to our Corps
    Which we are proud to serve;
    In many a strife we've fought for life
    And never lost our nerve;
    If the Army and the Navy
    Ever look on Heaven’s scenes;
    They will find the streets are guarded
    By United States Marines.

Be Blessed Gabe!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

I'm continually impressed by the high-caliber folks who earn this status. @Gabe, you've earned it and are now part of a small group of people very close us on the support staff at WPMU DEV.

Thanks for all you've done and sharing a bit of your journey with us. Here's to your success and hoping for continued amazing experiences in the community :slight_smile:

• Jeremy Paris
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Congrats Gabe.

I've literally been a member for days and am already looking up to people like you as mentors. Any advice on how to become a helpful community member would be appreciated.

Also, being a veteran you might be interested to know that one of my reasons for joining was because I'm upgrading VeteranArtistProgram.org from a Drupal site into a BuddyPress community site since we are going national in Jan. I can't wait to add some of the amazing features from WPMU plugins.

thanks for spending the past year contributing to a better community that I am now fortunate enough to be part of.

Jeremy

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Congratulations @Gabe

A well deserved award here. I've not been a regular here much lately - got too many projects of my own going on. Hopefully, in 2013, I can become very active here again.

Keep up the great work and keep pounding the keyboard.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.