Well, it's the latest Firefox browser version I am using.

Well, it's the latest Firefox browser version I am using. When I click the Facebook like button, the whole bordered area moves up and down for a while and than it comes the Confirm button! How strange! No content is revealed. I am already logged in my Facebook account. I am using one of the newwpthemes.com's themes. No other significant plugins are installed. Help? By the way Firebug shows that FB.GetLoginStatus is called before FB.Init. Is it related?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @svetliomitev

I hope you are well today, welcome to WPMU DEV! :slight_smile:

I have just taken a look at this and it isn't doing this for me I'm afraid, would it be possible to try and capture a screenshot of this for me? Or would it be possible to switch to twenty twelve and see if it still displays this same behaviour.

The FB.GetLoginStatus being called before FB.init. shouldn't be related to this issue :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• svetliomitev
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I've tried the Twenty Ttwelve, also I tried one of your themes. Still the same. May be it is my Firefox browser installed on my PC that is somehow causing this weird phenomenon. I shall test it on another PC and I will get back to you.

But problem is even more severe in Opera and Safari. The scenario: I open the blog. I open another tab, login to Facebook. I refresh the blog. Click the Facebook like button. It hides. And that is all. No content revealed.

Chrome works.

I attach some materials about the settings of my blog.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @svetliomitev

I hope you are well today and thank you for the additional information and the screenshots.

I can't unfortunately replicate this behaviour on your site or my test site, due to this I'm going to flag the lead developer on this to see if he can provide his valuable insight :slight_smile:

Thank you for your patience!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@svetliomitev,

First can you provide something more specific than "latest version of Firefox". Would need to know specific version number and what operating system. Assumed PC since you mentioned that in one of your above comments.

So looking at your site I went to this page http://www.macekote.com/%D0%B4%D1%8F%D0%B4%D0%BE-%D1%81%D0%B5-%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B0-%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D0%B2%D0%BD%D1%83%D0%BA%D0%B0-%D1%81%D0%B8/ and as you did I logged into my Facebook account in another tab first. When I click the like the expected thing happens. The like box is hidden and the page reloads. And yes in Firebug I see the message about "FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init()." Have no yet investigate this. I don't see this on my own test sites.

So the question back to you is on this URL/page I'm visiting what is the 'extra' content which is not showing?

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@svetliomitev,

Actually to confirm, I am seeing the Firebug message
    "FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init()."

on my test site. But I'm still seeing the full content after clicking the like. The plugin logic sets a browser cookie to store the 'like' status. So the FB.init issue should not effect showing the full content on your own system. But will look into clearing this up.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@svetliomitev,

On the Post I referenced above in my testing on your site. Can you show me a screenshot of the post edit form? Specifically I want to see the post content as well as the right sidebar Pay with a Like settings box if possible.

• svetliomitev
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi! I attach the requested screenshot below. Actually I tried that strange behavior on another PC, Firefox 20.0.1 and the problem persists. My home PC version of Firefox is the one after the last update - 21.0. As I told your colleague, nothing of the hidden content is show after click in Safari and Opera. I think it must be blog related problem. I did post some screenshots above and I do not think that I have any sophisticated extensions or plugins that may cause the conflict.

• svetliomitev
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

It is the most interesting thing that the facebook Confirm button appears at the end of the strange behavior. In Firefox, Safari and Opera. What could it mean?

Missed the operating systems - Windows 7 and Windows XP so far are tested with the issue we're discussing.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@svetliomitev,

Thanks for the screenshot but I'm a little confused. I would expect to see the PWAL shortcode as part of the content. And I don't see it. Please double check.

Also, from your PWAL settings page the excerpt word count is set to 25. This means PWAL will auto generate the viewable excerpt from your content up to 25 words. Please ensure your page content has much more than that excerpt limit.

"When I click the Facebook like button, the whole bordered area moves up and down for a while and than it comes the Confirm button!"

Lastly, I'm a little confused on what you are seeing when you click the like button. From your original post in this thread. When I view your site I'm not seeing this. And I don't think Jack is seeing it either. Sorry cannot reproduce.

• svetliomitev
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

You do not see the PWAL shortcode because in the main settings of that plugin it is set to automatically get the 25 words and hide the others. I do not do manual selection, it is an option I do not want to use. Secondly - of course my post content is longer than 25 words. And if you haven't heard of the FB Confirm button, it makes us two. I did see that button only yesterday. When I click it, a pop up comes with the liked content and I must like it again... Quite messy indeed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.