We're very interested in pursuing the eNom domain

We're very interested in pursuing the eNom domain purchasing integration with the Domain Mapping plugin, but I was hoping to get some more information about how the eNom credit card processing part of the equation works.

Once the user finds a domain, and presses Purchase... what happens then? Do they enter in their account info? Do they have to enter it every time they make a purchase (we're looking to have people use this for multiple sites)? Do they have to setup an account with eNom? Are they billed directly for the purchase or is our account billed for the purchase?

Lots of questions! I've tried finding information and videos on this but no luck so far. Thanks for your help.
- Mike

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mike,

Hope you're doing well today! Thanks for the question.

Here's a quote from one of our developers on how this function works:

Everything happens internally via the API. They search for a domain, pay for it via CC (credit card) in an AJAX popup (you need an SSL certificate), and that's all they have to do. The API takes care of the rest, including DNS setup.

Domains are owned by the user, in their own eNom sub-account of yours, so you get the defined commission you want for the purchase.

That should help clear it up. They will have a sub-account on your own, which they should be able to use for future purchases with that user. Everything happens in the backend of your WordPress with the ajax pop up.

Hope that helps! Let me know if any other questions come to mind :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.