What a phenomenon... believe one of you guys can help.

Hi there,

it's me again. Currently I am running into a total different issue and do need your advice again. Here is the trouble I am facing right now:

Managed to get finally 'signup' site displayed and so far at least the 'basic registration' for Protected Content. Next, I set link the ling on the homepage... to lead user to the right spot for registering/signing in.

The link leaded me to a side which does not exist anymore. Thought it wouldn't be a big issue to update accordingly but this is impossible to do. Something is wrong with the child theme... I can't figure out what.

Please help. Currently I have

! all PLUGIN on main domain as well on sub domains deactiviert
! deleted the cache on all sites
! deleted child theme within wp-config !!!

here is the phenomenon I can't deal with:
on all domain CHILD THEME is still active and does not refresh even after deleting it in wp-config! Link still points to a site which does not exist since a long while anymore AND ALL Plugins are deactivated on main domain AND all sub domains.

Would you mind to help me figuring out how do I get rid off this 'old link' and/or 'defect child theme'?

Support access is granted.

Many thanks in advance
Prinz

• Michelle Shull

Hello, Prinz!

Oh no! That's no way to spend a beautiful weekend! I have a super easy answer for you. :slight_smile:

You've deleted your default WordPress themes, specifically twenty fifteen. Your sites that were assigned to the child theme for Trades are trying to switch to the default theme, and they can't find it, so that's why you're seeing them stuck with the empty Trades child theme.

So, to fix it, all you need to do is go to your Network Admin dashboard > Themes > Add New, and grab a new copy of twenty fifteen from the WordPress theme repository. Network activate it, and all your child themes assigned to Trades child should switch to twenty fifteen. From there, you can switch to any theme you want. Leave twenty fifteen network activated as a "just in case." Even if you don't use it on any sites, having it installed can prevent issues like this in the future. Plus, it's handy to have a default theme to test plugins, etc. with.

Hope this gets it fixed for you, Prinz! Have a great weekend.

• Klaus

Hi Michelle,
    me again... wanted to let you know, it even can't be the TRADE Theme from my way how I look at it but of course I am not a professional like you. So, why do I state it is not the theme too? Here is what I did:

1) Deactivated TRADE Theme once again including Revolution slider
    2) Deleted then via file manager in wp-content those plugins
    3) Deleted then in theme folder TRADE Parent & Child Theme
    4) Uploaded Theme from scratch... including Revolution Slider
    5) Activated PARENT TRADE Theme and Slider once again...
    6) Did not activate any PLUGIN which could interfere
    7) Discovered, the same ERROR like before... see initial support request to this matter.

Frankly, I do really whole heartily appreciate if you or one of your colleague can help out.

Support access is still granted (active)

Thank you very much.
    Prinz

• Michelle Shull

Prinz, my friend, I think I need to take an even closer look here.

I'm getting some troubling database errors on some of your subsites, I think you may have a corrupted table, but I want to take a closer look here. Would you mind sending me some additional information so I can troubleshoot?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Michelle Shull"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Post here when you've sent it, so I can check right away.

Thanks, Prinz!

• Klaus

Hi Michelle
    last week Saturday I requested support in this matter. You were so kind and responded to it... also asking for server direct access. credentials were forwarded straight away but since then did not hear from you anything at all. could also not see that you would have logged into the application.

Please be so kind inform let me know are you still looking at this issue and what are you going to do. At least let us know how on which position we are in the waiting queue... as we are waiting to any response since one week now.

Cheers
    Prinz

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Prinz.

So sorry for the delay here.

Your child theme issue seems to be working fine, each of the child themes is working properly, and both the parent and child themes are installed in wp-content/themes.

The link can be changed in the theme settings, under Header & Footer settings, as per my screenshot below. Change that from a link to a site that doesn't work to where you want users to go when they click that link. It looks like you manually added that link, switching it to a working one instead should only take a few seconds.

Thanks for your patience, and sorry for being disgusting.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.