What all settings/config of core Wp and WP plugins are stored in files (and not DB)

Hello,

I am aware that wp-config.php stores the core config settings of wordpress. What all other PHP files are used to store such config/settings of core wordpress? What all PHP files are used to store such settings of wordpress plugins? Or can I assume that other than wp-config.php– all other settings are stored in database itself?

Also, when a user creates a new page/blog post/etc in his site (under WPMU installation) then is the core content stored in database? Or is some/all of it stored in php files?

I specifically want to know of scenarios where php files are used to store any information – viz user blog post, user page creation, wordpress settings, plugin information ….

I hope you can clearly answer my question for all of the scenarios I have mentioned in the previous sentence.

Thanks,

Arvind.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello there Arvind!

php files are usually more like instructions that dictate how to handle/build the data from plugins/files/database.

It keeps all information in the database – blog settings, posts, comments, links, users, etc.

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.