What am I missing - e-newsletter

Hi

I have created a test site user (subscriber) and logged in.

In the admin panel, under the e newsletter tab, I expected to see my newsletter group sign up subscription options however, these seem to be missing. Only the button remains and this seems to do nothing. (See screen shot 1)

I have checked other domains with e newsletter and it is the same.

Have I missed something? If I am logged in as super admin, the options I have are completely available. (see screen shot 2)

screen shots to follow - I have no upload link here????

• PC

Hello Stefanie,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

I have just tested it on my lab site and as a contributor role, I was able to get to the below page

http://mysite.tld/wp-admin/admin.php?page=newsletters-subscribes

and it shows my current subscribed newsletters.

Is your subscriber (the user account) actually subscribed to any newsletter ?

Please advise on what your setup is like and I will try and replicate the same on my lab site.

Cheers, PC

• Stefanie

Hi PC

I was just in the process of sending a reply and upon walking through what I was doing, I have discovered a strange anomaly.

It seems this issue is isolated to the test user I set up and only to this user.

Upon adding a new test user via subdomain>users I have now discovered that the user was automatically added to the members list in e-newsletter, (although unassigned to a group)

More importantly, when logging in as this user, the subscribe options are now appearing as expected.

I am somewhat confused and a little concerned that the original test user has failed but at least it seems to be working correctly now.

I will try to get to the bottom of this as I would love to know how to reproduce (avoid) this.

I will let you know if I work out what happened.

Thanks for your quick response.

Stef.

Ps: I have made a feature request for this but I wondered if you could advise how I could hide or restrict subscribers to only 1 of my 3 newsletter group.

I have 3 groups, 2 of which are directed at editors and admin the other at subscribers. I don't want subscribers to be able to subscribe to the other two newsletter groups

I wonder if could add a function to filter the available checkboxes for subscriber level?

Thanks again.

• PC

Hello Stef,

Thanks for writing back.

Please let me know how your test goes. I assume that it might have been a problem with that specific test user you created. However in case you come across the same again, please let me know.

Ps: I have made a feature request for this but I wondered if you could advise how I could hide or restrict subscribers to only 1 of my 3 newsletter group.

I have 3 groups, 2 of which are directed at editors and admin the other at subscribers. I don't want subscribers to be able to subscribe to the other two newsletter groups

I wonder if could add a function to filter the available checkboxes for subscriber level?

While I do not see that possible without custom coding and is something which is out of the scope of support we can provide on the forums. Can you please link me to the feature request you have made so that I can check it out ?

Cheers, PC

• Stefanie

Hi PC

I have just discovered the issue arises when e-newsletter is activated on a per site basis rather than multisite.

If you register a new user (when in per site) it does not give the user e-newsletter options in their admin.

It does when activated in multisite.

Do you recommend multisite activation only or is this an anomaly?

I son't seem to be able to find my feature request yet but I will keep looking.

Stef

• PC

Hello Stef,

I have just discovered the issue arises when e-newsletter is activated on a per site basis rather than multisite.

If you register a new user (when in per site) it does not give the user e-newsletter options in their admin.

That is indeed strange. It should not matter how the plugin is activated. So you mean to say if the plugin is activated site by site the users do not see an option of subscription in their admin but they do when its network activated ?

It does when activated in multisite.

Do you recommend multisite activation only or is this an anomaly?

When I am on a multisite, I generally activate the plugins like this and Ultimate Facebook network wide so that its easier for me to test out different things. However if there is an anomaly, I would like to be 100% sure that there is no bug

Cheers, PC

• Stefanie

Hi Pc

I am becoming increasingly confused to be honest.

I have 1 site where everything seem perfect and others with different issues.

I have wanted to activate site by site as this is intended to be a premium add on.

On 1 site, everything seems great, ie, I add a user in the user section of admin (without email confirmation). When I then visit the e-newsletter member link, the newly created user appears as an newsletter subscriber (although not subscribed to any groups). Most importantly, when logging in as this new user, the e-nesletter tab clearly shows the available subscriptions under the tab in the admin section.

This seems perfect to me and is how I imagine it should work.

On other sites, there does not seem to be any connection with new added users and e newsletter members.

When adding a new user, I then switch to the e-newsletter members tab and the new user IS NOT there. Worst of all, when logging in under that new username, no available newsletter checkboxes appear under the tab,(just a button to subscribe/unsuvbscribe which does nothing).

When then trying to subscribe in the front end widget, it says 'you have subscribed' but clearly has not. The check box options do not appear in admin and the user does not appear in the e-newsletter members list.

It seems it is not connecting the two users in any way.

I am more than happy to allow you access to admin to each of these sites if you think it might help to walk through the issues yourself.

I am somewhat confused that it seems to be ok in one site and not another.

Thanks

Stef

• Stefanie

Hi again PC

To update, I have just tested on a clean multisite install and appear to be having the sam issue. I am able to add users but these users are unable to administer their subscriptions.

Procedure;

1 upload ftp - e-newsletter plugin.
    2 activate on test blog (not multisite)
    3 configure plugin, install and add 2 newsletter groups
    4. add new user via user tab.
    5. go to members tab (confirm new user is now listed however not on some installs)
    6. log in as new user in other browser.
    7. Visit newsletter tab - NO OPTIONS (Checkboxes) SEE PIC 1
    8. visit front end widget - says subscribed SEE PIC 2 however site admin shows no subscribes.
    9. Subscribe user in site admin and re log in as user.
    10. still no options.

This leaves me at a complete loss. How am I suppose to add my users if they are unable to manage subscribes?

I would really appreciate you prompt assistance as my site is now live.

Thanks

• Stefanie

Hi PC & @Barry

I think I might have found a possible cause.

I have been having no issues with users on one of my installations until I activated your subscribe by email plugin.

I now have the same issues on what was my only working site. Worse, it does not resolve even after switching off or deleting the plugin.

I guess there is now a conflict with the database tables.

Please, please, please, as a matter of urgency, could you tell me what to delete from my database in order to fully remove any trace of subscribe by email.

Thanks

Stef

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.