What are best server conditions to run the Chat plugin?

I'm having issues with the Chat plugin. The more users on the site, the more the site seems to crash, but not for every user. It's been confirmed that it is the site and not our browsers or Internet connections.

I've changed the polling settings as suggested by your staff. You mentioned that this was a shared hosting and resource issue. If so, what's the best server environment for Chat plugin to work in?

This shared hosting account currently hosted 4 sites including this one.

In another shared hosting environment, it hosts only one other site, so two in total and still seems to be crashing it (so I deactivated it).

We used this same plugin on another website about 4 months ago on the same shared hosting (Godaddy) and it didn't have this problem.

I only blame this plugin because, when it crashes the site, I visit my error logs and, sure enough, there's a log there for the Chat plugin.

It's just not working well in this environment. What's the best server setup for it?

Thanks.

• calvinrogercanas

Hey there @Donearl,

Hope you're well! :slight_smile:

I think your userbase grow that's why the resources you currently have can't handle it ( add the fact that you are running few sites in one server/environment ). Since there are different plans & pricing came from different hosting provider, I can't suggest you any specific but the best way for this is talking with your hosting provider about this matter. I also suggest you take a bit of search for some hosting provider that you can work with ( Reach them and ask them about this matter ).

Take care,
    Calvin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.