What are some causes to make the ENewsletter not to work in the Popup wpmudev plugin?

Hi:

What are some causes to make the ENewsletter not to work in the Popup wpmudev plugin?

It works everywhere else and also the Subscribe By Email plugin works in the Popup Pro as well.

The form shows up but nothing happens at all when the Subscribe button is clicked while inside the Popup Pro plugin.

Again, it works everywhere else…and Subscribe By Email works in the Popup Pro as well…

Greg

• Greg
    • The Exporter

@ashok:

FYI…the issue is with the enewsletter plugin in the popup…the SBE works fine.

I removed enewsletters for now (in the popup) until it was figured out? Any ideas of what causes this yet? All it does when you click on subscribe is nothing at all when clicked (no attempt to submit etc). Although it works ok in the widget area etc.

Thanks…

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Ashok and Greg,

I have just tested the shortcode and it works fine for me: [enewsletter_subscribe]

– Make sure you are using loading method “Page Footer”.

– Also make sure you are using the latest version of both PopUp Pro and eNewsletter.

– It did work in both single-site and multisite installation.

Greg, you describe this issue:

“The form shows but nothing happens when the button is clicked”

This indicates a problem with the eNewsletter Javascript. Loading a PopUp with the Page Footer loading method will correctly load the javascript so the submit form works.

In case you still cannot get the form to work in the PopUp let us know and we will have a look at your site again. Enabling Support-Staff Access via the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin would help us a lot to find the reason of any issues.

Thanks for reporting :slight_smile: Philipp

• Greg
    • The Exporter

@philipp Stracker

Thanks for looking into it. The issue is only when the shortcode appears in the Popup Pro plugin (of which I have removed since it did not work). I can put it back in temporarily if you want me to so you can try it (or you should be able to replicate in a test site)? With mine, you have to scroll 75% down to see the popup. The SBE plugin works fine in the Popup Pro (to reiterate, the issue is with the ENewsletter plugin inside of the Popup Pro).

@ashok was able to confirm the issue in a test site (specifically the ENewsletter inside of the Popup Pro).

:slight_smile:

Let me know you received this and after I receive a reply then I can activate the Support Access if you still think it is needed after my above explanation. Also, please let me know if you would like me to temporarily add the ENewsletter code in my Popup Pro plugin for you to look at as well (unless you can replicate that specific issue on your end)…

Greg

• Greg
    • The Exporter

@ashok

I have to use Anonymous Script (AS) method as the Popup does not even work at all with the other methods FYI. It use to work with WordPress Ajax but stopped working out of the blue with that method a while back.

The enewsletter still does not submit with the AS method though at all either…so back to square one. I have removed it from the Popup for now because I do not want it showing when it does not work.

Side item:

Also, FYI,

[enewsletter_subscribe show_name="0"show_groups="0"subscribe_to_groups="1"] this seems to have stopped working as well as it shows the tick box for the Newsletter now.

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Possibly you have a popup blocker / ad-blocker installed, which is why only the Anonymous Script loading option works for you. However, the E-Newsletter plugin will only work if you use the Page Footer method to load your PopUps since this is the only way to include required javascript files in the page…

Please check if your browser uses any extensions that block PopUps or advertisements. If you have any then disable them or add an exception for your website to see the PopUp with the page footer loading method. Or test with a different browser.

Also I noticed some heatmap javascript that prevents the user from closing the PopUp – when I click on the “Close” icon of the PopUp the popup stays open and an Ajax call is made to some heatmap script. I assume this script is collecting data where users click on your page, however, it also seems to do something like preventDefault() or stopPropagation() so our PopUp is not notified about the click and does not react.

I hope this helps you to solve the issue on your site :wink:

Thanks, Philipp

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Wow, this are good news :slight_smile:

Actually the PopUp plugin and Protected Content share a common script library. By updating the library in Protected Content now PopUp also uses the updated library.

I’m not sure if the issue was caused by Protected Content or by PopUp plugin using the old script library. However, since it’s working now we don’t need to find out :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.