What are the Sizes of the Custom Header and Logo?

I'm trying to create a logo and custom header for my site and I cannot find a size for these items listed anywhere. Everything I create ends up getting cropped badly, ie, doesn't fit into the crop box. If I know the exact sizes of these items, I can create my images in Illustrator to the exact size.

Thanks!
Isis

• isis

I also need to know the size pictures should be to go in the gallery slideshow. I just tried to upload an image and was told it must be at minimum 750 x 350....but what is the max? To know the dimension of the slide show will determine how I crop and arrange photographs...

To create a professional looking site, these dimensions are very important! I just spent several hours playing with and creating a custom logo image to fit (having to use trial and error to determine that something in the range of ~400px wide x 100px high was correct) in the area defined in the .pdf instructions for this theme as #2 - Branding (add a logo, image or text). If the dimensions had been defined, right there in ANY of the documentation, this would definitely have been a more "user-friendly" experience.

I guess I will go and try to take a look at the stylesheets to see if the gallery image size is defined there somewhere, BUT, aren't these types of simple instructions what we pay a pretty hefty premium to receive with WPMU? I appreciate the help I have gotten along the way with a couple of other issues, but honestly I was "sold" on the assurance that "All Premium WPMU.DEV Themes come with an instruction manual". Thankfully Gallery does, but I am already stuck at step 1! Please help point me in the right direction if this information is already out there - if someone else has determined these figures that would be excellent as well.

Thanks!
    Isis

PS - Sorry if I sound frustrated...I kinda am :slight_frown:

• isis

Okay, so in playing with things, I have determined :

a) The Branding Area (Logo) is ~400 pixels x 100 pixels
    b) If you want a list of Exhibitions on your Front Page, Gallery Images must be 750 x 350
    c) If you would like to have a full width slide show on the Front Page, Gallery Images must be 960 x 450

I'm uncertain as to the sizing for Exhibition photos as I'm having trouble with that function, but I thought this information might prove to be helpful to someone else :slight_smile:

• isis

Timothy,

I got all of the sizes figured out. By reading through every word of the documentation as I moved along through the setup things became more clear. I tend to want to have each step perfect before moving on to the next, however in the case of this theme, that really wasn't the way to go. By just going through the steps and then carefully reading each bit of information I received after every single step, I was able to ascertain the sizes, etc. that were needed for each item. Then I was able to go back and adjust things.

So, in the end, I found all of the information is in there and can be found, but one must be patient and not try to be a perfectionist from the onset - move through the steps and then you'll be able to go back and tweak to make things look good.

Thanks for checking in. I do hope this helps the next person that comes along and is trying to use the Gallery theme and has questions about sizes as they aren't readily apparent from the manual. They WILL become apparent through the theme template pages on the dashboard.

Cheers!
    Isis

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

Thanks for checking in. I do hope this helps the next person that comes along and is trying to use the Gallery theme and has questions about sizes as they aren't readily apparent from the manual. They WILL become apparent through the theme template pages on the dashboard.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

If you need anything else then please feel free to open a new thread.

Take care.