What are WP Smush Pro plugin API limitations?

Because WP Smush Pro features need the WPMU DEV super servers to function, access to pro features requires an active WPMU DEV membership. For more information see the API Access section in the terms of service.

What are the Pro features? Does WP Smush Pro plugin work without WPMUDEV membership at all? Or does it work just while I am paying the monthly fee? Thank you!

• Rupok

Hi diegpl,

Thanks for asking. Let me answer one by one.

What are the Pro features?

Pro Features of WP Smush are:

# Super Smushing:
    Compress images up to 2x more than regular smush with almost no visible drop in quality.

# Include original full-size images
    Activate this setting to smush your original images, too.

# Make a copy of original images
    Save your original full-size images so you can restore them at any point.

# Convert PNG to JPEG (lossy)
    When you compress a PNG file, Smush will check if converting the file to JPEG will further reduce its size.

Does WP Smush Pro plugin work without WPMUDEV membership at all?

Yes, you can use WP Smush on unlimited number of sites but without the WPMU DEV membership, features will be limited.

On the API details it is written the the single membership with WP Smush Pro is just for one site

Smush API supports Unlimited number of domains. You will get full details here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/terms-of-service/

And about this free plugin then? Will it work for how many sites?

Both Free and the Pro version of Smush plugin will work for unlimited number of sites.

Does it work for wpms at all?

Yes. WP Smush completely supports WordPress multisites.

I am not finding the settings panel of it on my site under a wpms platform

You should get the WP Smush menu under "Media" menu in all your subsite dashboards. Are you not getting that menu there? I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. I tried to login with Support Access but it's showing me the following error:
    Sorry, this is an invalid access token. You must ask the user to grant access.
    Can you please revoke and grant us permission again so we can have a closer look at this issue?

I try to press enable for "ATTACHMENTS SUPER-SMUSHED" on the only screen I have at upload.php?page=wp-smush-bulk, but nothing happens

Again, I'll need to check your site configuration to find out why this is not working on your site.

Please confirm here when you are done re-granting Support Access. Also let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• diegpl

The access is granted now. You can go there and network activate the plugin. You will see that the screens I get is not the same as the one I get when I do the single activation. After check that up, please deactivate the plugin again. For now I am not using it anymore since Im happy with ewww plugin. And I actually think you guys should check that up on your own infrasctructure, but feel free to do it on mine though. Ewww plugin is with the same limitation, but the guys are already implementing that up on it. Thank you!

• Denitsa

Hello diegpl,
    I hope you are having a fantastic day!

I tested on my sandbox install and could not experience what you're describing. I thought it was your site specific issue and I moved on to testing on your site with the support access you've generously provided for us (thanks for that one!) and couldn't replicate there either.

When I enabled WP Smush Pro via the Network Admin, I get a WP Smush menu under Settings in the network admin dashboard.

Then, when I visit a subsite and go to Media in its dashboard, the WP Smush submenu is also available.

If you wish to have individual settings for wp smush available on your subsites, in your Network admin dashboard, go to Settings -> WP Smush and disable the Enable Network wide settings. Super-smushing is dependent on these settings and you probably had it off via your network admin so it was unavailable for your subsites.

Can you confirm these? I have deactivated the plugin again as per your request.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

All the best,
    Denitsa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.