What are WPMU DEV's plans for the development of the Fundraising plugin?

Hi there,

The "Personal Fundraiser" plugin for WordPress offers the capability ability for users to create and/or edit campaigns.

The WPMU DEV Fundraising plugin doesn't seem to have the same capability, but are there plans to add that capability in the short-term?

As we'll be using BuddyPress to develop strong community networks across Australia's charity/not-for-profit sector, so the ability for members to create and/or edit campaigns would be of great value to us.

Any advice that you can provide on the development plans for Fundraising will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ... Michael

• PC

Hello Michael,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

The "Personal Fundraiser" plugin for WordPress offers the capability ability for users to create and/or edit campaigns.

The WPMU DEV Fundraising plugin doesn't seem to have the same capability, but are there plans to add that capability in the short-term?

That is indeed a nice feature to have. Currently it does not allow it on a single site however on a multisite you can achieve that easily where a user can signup for a subsite using your pre defined template which you can create using New Blog Templates and can start their own fundraiser that way.

But what you suggested is a nice idea too. I will move that in the Features and Feedback section however I would sadly not be able to tell the short term plans as the plugin has recently been assigned to our new Lead developer as the old one handling the plugin is no longer working with us.

So it might take a while.

I have moved the thread in "Features and Feedback" section and have also tagged our lead developer on the same so that he is aware about this request.

I hope that helps.Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• MichaelScott

Hi PC,

Thanks very much for your response.

I would prefer to use WPMU Dev's plugin's wherever possible but, because I'll be using BuddyPress extensively, I'd prefer to contain user/member blogs within BuddyPress. So, I might go with Personal Fundraiser, at least in the short-term.

Have there been any issues reported by WPMU Dev members in using Personal Fundraiser?

Thanks, and best regards ... Michael

• MichaelScott

Hi PC,

You guys are great!

I said in my message above that "I'd prefer to contain user/member blogs within BuddyPress" and just realise that blogging is done in WordPress, not BuddyPress. As I want users/members to use my Multisite setup to set up their own blogs, they can also use it to establish Fundraising campaigns using the meachanism you described earlier.

Hmmm ... I think I might not dismiss the Fundraising plugin so quickly.

And that leads me to a question: How do you link a user's blogs in WordPress with their member record in BuddyPress?

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards ... Michael

• PC

Hey Michael,

Thanks for writing back.

Have there been any issues reported by WPMU Dev members in using Personal Fundraiser?

Not that I have seen till now. I have not used that plugin ever as well.

As I want users/members to use my Multisite setup to set up their own blogs, they can also use it to establish Fundraising campaigns using the meachanism you described earlier.

Indeed they can.

How do you link a user's blogs in WordPress with their member record in BuddyPress?

In the members profile, their blogs appear as My sites menu.

It looks like the attached screenshot.

I hope that helps.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.