What credit cards we have as available payment methods in marketpress?

Hi!

So, what are the credit cards we have available? Just asking because I only see MasterCard when setting marketpress for multisite, and I have never heard of all those other payment methods, except for paypal; do these other payment gateways allow payments through all major credit cards? Is there any way I can make all major credit card companies directly available as a payment method?

Thanks.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Gabriel,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

MarketPress Supports the below Payment Gateways :

2Checkout
    Authorize.net AIM Checkout
    Bitpay (alpha)
    eWay Shared Payments
    eWay Rapid 3.0 Payments (beta)
    iDEAL (beta)
    Manual Payments
    Skrill (Moneybookers)
    PayPal Payflow Pro
    Paymill (beta)
    PayPal Chained Payments
    PayPal Express Checkout
    PIN (beta)
    Simplify Commerce by MasterCard
    Stripe
    WePay

If you want to take payments using Major credit cards, you can use 2Checkout or Authorized.net or any other gateway like Stripe which will allow your buyers to pay using their credit cards.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• Wharrf
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Take a look at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjA2vQNRCI4&list=PLV1BcivFAIduTUJfnzcGUf0B_9UMlNy0v&index=6

These payment gateways mostly allow major credit cards like Visa and Mastercard, AMEX (may or may not).

To have credit card companies, you will need some custom programming to hook up to marketpress (hook documentation is a very lacking feature withe WPMU Dev - administrators comments?)

but do note that if you want to implrement your own gateway it is a hassle with things like PCI compliance and then hacking prevention measures and the frustration of having no one else to blame with merde happens.

http://www.evosnap.com/ looks like a good framework to utilize if you want to implement a custom gateway.

• Wheel of Commerce
    • WordPress Warrior

Thanks for the replies.

I thoght those gateways allowed these major credit card companies, in fact, it wouldn't make sense if they didn't -tanks for confirming that.

About putting my own gateways there (actually I just wanted to allow direct payment through major credit card companies), I'd rather not do it by myself, since this is a very sensitive matter when it comes to security, but I presume marketpressthemes.com has some plugin that allows it -I'll also take a look at the links you recommended.

Again, thanks for the replies.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.