What does this mean? Upgrade Admin Menu Links Allows you

What does this mean?

Upgrade Admin Menu Links

Allows you to add custom menu items in admin panel that will encourage admins to get higher level by redirecting to upgrade page.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kirk!

With this option disabled, all the sites admins can see one of two additional links in their admin toolbars:

1. "Your account" - if the site is a "pro site"
    2. "Pro Upgrade" - if the site is a "free site" (leading to a Pro Sites signup/upgrade page)

With "Upgrade Admin Menu Links" module enabled you can define the behavior for this links, meaning that the links will change upon the pro sites level. For example, you can create a "Get Gold Package" that would be visible only to admins of "silver level" sites.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kirk!

Please take a look at the screenshots that I've attached to this post. First one shows the configuration. As you can see I set the "Upgrade Link" to be displayed as a "Dashboard" menu sub-item and set it to be shown only to admins of sites with level lower than "Silver" (I think I didn't explain that clearly last time, I'm sorry).

On the second screenshot you can see the link "in action": that's what admin of the sub-site will see.

As for the URL itself. These links lead user to a Pro Sites checkout page where the Pro Sites levels are presented (Pricing Tables).

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Kirk Ward

Thanks Adam.

I'm still not seeing them in the dashboard. Is it because I am logged in as the Super Admin?

If that is the case, how can I view the stuff without having to create a new user and then go through all the login logout each time I want to verify that something I was setting up took?

Also, is there a way to target just one level, without the whole kit of levels for the customer to have to choose from? Seems things sell better with fewer choices, so a buy now button for one particular level would be good.

Might be able to do that with a list of the levels and checkboxes beside them in a list titled "Cheese Levels To Show."

Thanks,
    Kirk

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Kirk!

I'm still not seeing them in the dashboard. Is it because I am logged in as the Super Admin?

You should see links. These are not based on user role but on site's pro site level. I just checked it and I can confirm it's working. However, I've read this entire thread again carefully and I really wan't to run and hide. But there's no place to run, no place to hide...

In my first post I told you that these links are visible the admins of selected level only and this was of course wrong information. I noticed that and corrected in my next answer. And here's the point. I wrote: "to be shown only to admins of sites with level lower than "Silver", hence the word "lower". I should be more specific with this: "lower" in this case means "lower ID".

Just to clear this for good (on my side) let me summarize once again:

1. The "upgrade" links are there to encourage users to upgrade their pro-sites to the higher ("more premium") levels/packages
    2. Assuming that you have 3 levers (from higher ID to lower ID): A (id:3), B (id:2) and C (id:1):

- you can create a link saying "Go Upgrade" and select "A" as "required level"
    - non-prosites admins will not see it
    - admins of "A" level will not see it
    - admins of "B" and "C" will see it
    - you as a super admin should also see it if you switch to the dashboard of "B" or "C".

Also, is there a way to target just one level, without the whole kit of levels for the customer to have to choose from? Seems things sell better with fewer choices, so a buy now button for one particular level would be good.

Might be able to do that with a list of the levels and checkboxes beside them in a list titled "Cheese Levels To Show."

Another great idea. Seems like you're a Man of Creativity :slight_smile: I'll pass this forward to the developers then.

Cheers,
    Adam

• Kirk Ward

Seems like you're a Man of Creativity :slight_smile:

LOL. I wish I could make money from them, but somebody once told me ideas are a dime a dozen. It's being able to implement them that is the key. I'm excited that you guys are looking for stuff that might fit in. I don't mind running off at the mouth.

I guess it was from my youthful career as a disk jockey. My boss told me that if he ever heard "Dear Air," I would be fired. I haven't stopped talking since then. Same for running off about my latest ideas.

Cheerios, cornflakes and grits.
    Kirk

P.S. - And, fried liver mush on top of the grits.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Kirk!

I guess it was from my youthful career as a disk jockey. My boss told me that if he ever heard "Dear Air," I would be fired. I haven't stopped talking since then. Same for running off about my latest ideas.

Even in a middle of enjoying fried liver...? I'm impressed and it's not easy to impress me :slight_smile:
    Anyway, I've already forwarded your idea to code magicians, unfortunately I'm not able to say whether or not they'll implement it soon. Hopefully, as this feature seems really handy, they'll give it a shot!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.