what exactly is "custom e-mail from headers"

hi,

i checked the “usage page”

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/#usage

but did not really see any further explanation.

i see the options are “E-mail Address” & “Sender Name”.

WP “network” and “main site” already has settings to enter email addresses that WP generates for automated emails.

so is this to over ride these settings for WP automated emails (sign ups etc) ?

if so what sense would that make ?

checking the forums i saw mention to SMTP but i cannot understand the relation here for that if there are only settings for “E-mail Address” & “Sender Name” as mentioned.

kind regards.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @randall,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The email address set in the Network Admin Email option receives notifications. Registration and support emails will also come from this address.

But the plugins/themes which are using wp_mail function to send mail will have the default sender name as “WordPress” and the default sender email address as wordpress@yoursite.com so to change this default things our Ultimate Branding plugin module “custom e-mail from headers” helps.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Best Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

hey @vinod Dalvi

thanks for the VERY quick reply !!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR my friend !!!

ok,

taking this in pieces,

i understand u mentioned “Registration and support emails” will come from “Network Admin Email option”.

but your next paragraph,

can you please break it down ?

whats the difference ?

if this is not elaborated practically it will not make sense to me.

in other words;

plugins/themes will mostly send emails back to the admin of the site (which will be the Network admin).

so this is to separate the network admin from the main site admin ?

eg. if the developer (network admin) is not the same as the owner of the website ?

i am not understanding.

can you please elaborate ?

“what exactly is “custom e-mail from headers”” ?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @randall,

Hope you’re well today and thanks for your question.

Plugins that send out emails to your users using wp_mail, will by default have the sending address as from wordpress@yoursite.com with the sender name “WordPress”.

By activating the custom e-mail from headers, you can change the sender name and address.

So rather than your users seeing WordPress and WordPresss@yoursite.com, they could see MyCustomName and MyCustomEmail@yoursite.com if that makes sense?

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.