What Happened to Membership Premium?

We have been using Membership Premium for over a year. It seems to have disappeared. I did install Membership2 Pro, and checked it out. The FIRST thing it wanted me to do was select the type of membership we wanted. The choices did NOT include the one we had with Membership Premium - to allow both REGISTERED USERS and NON-REGISTERED USERS to view our content.

There were options within Membership Premium that aren't available with just USERS. One REALLY important feature of Membership Premium was my ability to EASILY scan through the list of registered users and look for spammers. It was VERY easy to spot - none of the spammers used a first and last name when they registered. And ALL of the users that registered without a first and last name were creating content (making Posts) that were NOT related to our site content, which is exclusively about skydiving. Since I hold all posts and wikis created by users for review, none of their spam ever got on my site.

Now that Membership Premium is gone, how, exactly, am I going to easily review the user list and spot, then deactivate, their membership. I deactivated their membership but did not delete them, so they couldn't log back in and attempt to spam us again.

I checked our old site, works-words.com/NSM-WIKI/WP/wordpress, and Membership Premium is still there. I am "guessing" that when I installed Membership2, it deleted my Membership Premium. I am not very happy about this.

Your new Membership2 does NOT work for our site. There are MANY people who visit our site that do not register. We welcome ALL skydivers or those interested in skydiving, registered or not, to veiw our site. Membership2 does not have that as an option.

How can I either get Membership2 to allow both Registered and non-registered users to view our content OR get Membership Premium back.

Thank you.

Mary

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mary,

I hope you're well today!

I am "guessing" that when I installed Membership2, it deleted my Membership Premium.

Membership2 Pro plugin is an upgrade for Membership Premium and Protected Content plugins which won't be developed any more. The plugins code was re-written from scratch to make things easier and better. I'm really sorry you feel that didn't worked for you!

You're right, Membership2 did removed your previous Membership Pro plugin however it shouldn't remove any data. There's a chance though that it didn't imported what it should. It's an issue that come out after release and our developers are working to fix it ASAP.

We welcome ALL skydivers or those interested in skydiving, registered or not, to veiw our site. Membership2 does not have that as an option.

Unless I'm missing something here, it's absolutely possible and Membership2 does have such option. Its configuration however might be a bit different than in previous version.

That being said, would you be so kind and describe your previous membership configuration? It would be great if you could elaborate a bit on it and give me some clues on how exactly would you like it to work. I'll be glad to assist you on this.

Now that Membership Premium is gone, how, exactly, am I going to easily review the user list and spot, then deactivate, their membership.

I'm sorry but I'm not quite following you here. With Membership2 you may go to a "Membership2" -> "Members" page in your dashboard and browser the full list of members. You can also remove memberships from them there. Am I missing something here?

Please advise!

Regards,
    Adam

• Mary

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I am attaching a screenshot of the second screen you see when you are setting up Membership2. The first screen is a lock that makes you click to set it up (understandable).

As you can see, the option to display our content to both registered and not-registered users is not available. Now maybe I'm missing something here, but I have read and re-read all the options on this page and don't see one that says BOTH registered and not-registered, logged in or NOT logged in users can see the content. It appears to be one or the other but not both. Maybe I'm missing something????

When I said "Now that Membership Premium is gone, how, exactly, am I going to easily review the user list and spot, then deactivate, their membership. ", it's because I don't see an option for us on Membership2, and when I click on USERS, there is no list that provides the option to deactivate a user. IF I can get Membership2 to allow registered and not-registered users to view our content, then maybe I'll see that list again.
    Thank you for your help.

Mary

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Mary,

Thank you for this additional information!

I think the clue here is not a membership creation but setting up a content protection rules. Let's assume the following scenario:

1. Visitors are all users, registered or not, who visit your site
    2. Members are registered users who signed up for a membership
    3. Both Visitors and Members can access the content of your site
    4. Members can access some additional content that's available only to them

The first step here would be to create a "Membership" using the options as visible on the screenshot you've attached. This will be for Members (those who can access content + some "bonus" content) so you may want to

- select "Standard Membership"
    - give it a name of choice
    - enable "Allow users to register for this membership" if you wish to allow them to register or leave it disabled if you wish to assign them this membership manually (only upon your decision)
    - tick "This is a paid membership" if you wish to charge Members for membership

Once this is done, click "Save and continue" and then "Finish".

Next step would be to setup access rules. To do so, please go to the "Membership2" -> "Protected Content" page. Please take a look at the screenshot attached to this post.

As you can see, I've created a single membership called "Basic". This is for Members so users with this membership will be able to access all content + some special (additional) pages. In this case the "About" page is not visible to Visitors and visible to Members only.

The "Who Has Access" option for every other page is set to "Everyone" for every other page, so all these pages will be visible to both Members and Visitors.

The same rule of a thumb applies to other content types, such as Custom Post Types, Comments & More Tag or Menu items (to set it up just select a proper tab). For more content types and content access rules, please see the "Membership2" -> "Add ons" page.

You can also turn protection for individual posts/pages on and off directly on post/page edit screen.

it's because I don't see an option for us on Membership2, and when I click on USERS, there is no list that provides the option to deactivate a user.

Once this is all setup, you should be able to easily grant/remove memberships on a
    "Membership2" -> "Members" page.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.