What happens to my sites if I don't renew my subscription?

We are considering not renewing our subscription with WPMU Dev, but want to know what that will do to all of our sites.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi richard,

Hope you're well?

Nothing will happen to your sites, the plugins are yours to keep & use on as many sites as you want. However, once your subscription ends, you will lose access to support and updates. Only plugins that require use of our API will stop being pro versions, so you will lose some features in those plugins.

WP Smush Pro - Will revert to free plugin, with limitations of 1mb image size, no bulk smushing or conversion of png to lossy etc.

Hummingbird - Requires the API & continuous subscription to work fully.

Defender - Requires the API & continuous subscription.

Anti-Splog - Requires an active subscription.

Video Tutorials - Requires an active subscription.

The other plugins should carry on working as usual.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Yes, that includes themes too. Not updating will not cause your site to crash unless something causes the crash, maybe a plugin that might conflict or a future wordpress update (But these things we can't predict until the time)

If you do have problems though, you could always renew your subscription for a month, do the updates, get any support you need within that month & then cancel again, But you might not get the discount you had previously if you signed up from a Black Friday Deal or something like that using a coupon. Our billing team are always there to help tho.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.