What happens to the email addresses?

Hi folks,

I have a question regarding the chat plugin. What happens to the emails addresses the user logs in with?

It seems a bit silly that I would have to ask what their email is when they have already entered it!

Surely the plugin harvests these for sales reasons somewhere. Be good to have a list of them. Are they even recorded in the logs?

Cheers

Neil

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Neil,

I couldn't seem to find anywhere in the code where they'd be stored in the logs, but there's also no validation of them (users can enter anything, even non-emails).

You could ultimately alter the code to try and do something with the email. The id for the input field where users enter it is on line 1971 of wordpress-chat.php if that helps.

Cheers,
    David

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks for your reply,

So why are the emails asked for anyway? Sorry I havent had time to have a look at this yet!

Are the emails collected for avatar purposes? If not then I see no point in collecting them, I may just remove that field and only ask for their name.

Be nice if this linked in with the e-newsletter plugin and bunged the emails in a special list "Chat Logs" or summit!.

Cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.