I'm currently a WPMU DEV Member, i'm building a multisite network,and i'm curious about what if a multisite got hacked!
I have built many wordpress sites before, and i have experienced many of these hacking problems but my sites where all single wordpress installation.
I'm now a little worried about multisites vulnerability & security issues.
I have never built a multisite network before, so i have few questions in mind:
1) If a multisite network got hacked:
- Will all other sites across the network be affected?
- Is there a way to treat or disinfect a single site without having to shut down the whole network?
- Can hackers or the malicious codes damage the whole network database or just files for a signle site ?
2) I know that usually when the database of a site grow large in size it became much harder & take more time to restore that site on the hosting server. So How about a multisites with ...GB database size!
Can a backup plugin like (snapshot) help me restore my whole network incase something goes wrong oneday?
3) Finally, i would appreciate if you have any precautions or advice to best secure a multisite network
Thanks in advance,