What if the dynamic pages don't install in CoursePress?

I've tried two or three times to get the dynamic pages to create when activation CoursePress. No Such luck.
Also, Can we use Membership plugin to control access to individual courses? if so How?

Thanks for all you do.

• aristath

Hello there @Richard, I hope you're well today!

I've tried two or three times to get the dynamic pages to create when activation CoursePress. No Such luck.

Could you please grant us access to your backend so that we may see exactly what is happening?
    To do so, from your dashboard go to WPMUDEV => Support => Support Access and click on the "Grant access" button.

Please note that you must have the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed on your site to complete the above process.

Also, Can we use Membership plugin to control access to individual courses? if so How?

Sure you can! The most effective way is by using URL groups with regex. :wink:

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Richard

Thanks, that is good news.
    All I expected was the following per the instructions.
    "CoursePress Pro has done a few things to get you on your way.
    It’s created a couple of dynamic pages labeled ‘Courses’ & ‘Dashboard’ and added them to your navigation.
    If these are not visible on your site and theme, you may need to check your Menu Settings.
    CoursePress Pro has also installed - but not activated - MarketPress Lite.
    For those of you who wish to sell your amazing courses you will need to activate and set up a payment gateway. But more on that later. "
    When Home was the only thing in my navigation I checked the menu as directed. When there were no options for the other pages I checked for the pages which as you pointed out, it did not create physical pages.

I'm grateful it's all working.

I'm going to put all my courses under one membership with membership plugin. Would it be best to just leave MarketPress off or turn it on and just do a $0 cost and still use the plugin?
    Another set of courses will be course by course. I would like to use membership also for those so I can do monthly and annual memberships.
    Is that and option? and again, leave membership off or not?

Thanks so much.
    I appreciate what you all do.

• Michelle Shull

Hey Richard!

1. You shouldn't have to activate MarketPress if you're not charging for the course, and protecting the pages with Membership (Have you checked out our newest, Protected Content? It's pretty sweet, and does a lot of what Membership does, plus more.)

If you go this route, like you suspect, you can leave all courses free, then use URL groups in Membership to restrict access to all CoursePress pages (yoursite.com/courses/*) If you want different memberships for different course groups, (Like Membership A gets access to courses 1-10, Membership B has access to courses 1-20, Membership C gets access to courses 10-20, etc.) it will take a little more fine tuning, but protecting ALL your courses is super simple.

Take care, Richard! Hope you're about to have a great weekend!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Estelle,

Are you using a different Courses plugin? It will likely have it's own page settings that would need to be setup.

If it's CoursePress, then it should be creating the dynamic page and if it's not then we'll need to take a closer look to debug your install and figure out why it's not :slight_smile:

As this thread is over 3 years old i'm going to close it to avoid any further confusion; however, if you still have further questions on this or need further help then please create a new ticket here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

You will get much faster support on your own ticket as well since these old tickets sometimes don't get properly re-assigned and 24 hour+ delays can occur.

If your WP site is experiencing the issue you are referring to then it would be helpful if you granted support access too:

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Grant Support Access.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Then we can investigate further :slight_smile:

We'll see you in your new ticket if you still need further help.

Cheers,
    Tyler