What information is captured in Marketpress?

Hey again, folks,

Two questions:

First question: I've set up and run a test transaction in MP, then checked my user account info. I see a bunch of checkout-related info (name, address, etc.), but no reference to orders placed. If a customer contacts us, I don't see how I'd quickly determine what they've ordered, on a per-user basis. Clearly, they can check up on an order with the order number, but who among us keeps that? Bottom line: how do I look up past orders, from a particular customer?

Second question: Email notifications aren't going out. Is this because my installation is local (through MAMP)? Should it work without tweaking on a live server?

Thanks!
Adam

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Adam,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

1: In this case, if a member contacts you with their order number for example, you can then search this in products > manage orders, you can also search for their email and first name and last name :slight_smile:

2: That would indeed be because it's local development so it can't connect to send the email, if this makes sense? It should work fine on a live server with no tweaking :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Adam
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi @Jack Kitterhing,

So there's no page in the backend that collates a user's orders? I can't look someone up by username and see all their orders; I have to search and hope that everything that comes back is their orders, only?

• Adam

That does make sense, @Jack Kitterhing. It strikes me as an extreme weakness in the plugin, though—if I'm going to implement it, I need a more intentional way to track customer information and purchases. What we're up to isn't even that fancy—we expect to have only about 60 active customers at any given time—but if anyone has a question, I want to pull their information up quickly, and on a page that shows their history clearly. This might be a fatal flaw for my needs.

• Adam

Hi @Jack Kitterhing. I don't have another system in mind, exactly. I've used plenty of Customer Service software, in a variety of jobs, and it makes a tremendous amount of sense that a customer's user account would track their customer activity, too.

Additionally (or alternatively, if necessary), I was wondering if customers have access to their own record of purchases. i.e. does their account page show everything they've purchased, so they can track, print invoices, and reorder later on?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Adam,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the additional information.

Ah I see what you mean here, somehow we'd need to tie in with the WordPress user account which it already technically is, but not from wp-admin > users.

Additionally (or alternatively, if necessary), I was wondering if customers have access to their own record of purchases. i.e. does their account page show everything they've purchased, so they can track, print invoices, and reorder later on?

On the order status page when logged in, they'll see all past and present orders.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.