What is a Widget That Links To wp-admin

For my shops I need a widget that leads to that shops admin panel. Can't really find a good one do you guys have any or know of any?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Can you give me a screenshot of where you are adding it ?

I tried it and it works fine on my lab site when I add this to a custom menu on the subsite.

A screenshot would be helpful in understanding how you are adding it to your site.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Strange. It works fine for me though.

I would like to have a closer look at this for you.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello, sneakheads:

Were you able to get this resolved?

If not, I think that your link is going to the wrong site, because you're just using /wp-admin.php, which is telling the browser to look for that link in the current root folder.

Because you want it to go into another site's root folder, you have to use the entire path beginning with http://.

So if you want it to go to http://www.mainsite.com/subsite/wp-admin/, then you have to type that entire link out.

Looking at your screenshot, you put it in the right place. You just need to include the absolute path to get it to look outside the current site's root folder.

Faydra...

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there

Thanks for posting back and sorry for the delay here. I was away due to a family emergency.

I have received the login details but they are no good as you have not granted me the super admin rights on your site so I can't check what is going on and can't even come out of the easy blogging mode.

Can you kindly double check that and grant me the rights as required so that I can work on this with you ?

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

I found that adding the link as /wp-admin.php to the menu item on a subdomain multisite works fine but it does not work on a subdirectory multisite may be because of the link structure.

So that'd need to be done via custom coding where you would need to add a menu item dynamically to the menu using code.

add_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_items', 'add_loginout_link', 10, 2 );
    function add_loginout_link( $items, $args ) {
        if (is_user_logged_in() && $args->theme_location == 'primary') {
            $items .= '<li><a href="'. wp_logout_url() .'">Log Out</a></li>';
        }
        elseif (!is_user_logged_in() && $args->theme_location == 'primary') {
            $items .= '<li><a href="'. site_url('wp-login.php') .'">Log In</a></li>';
        }
        return $items;
    }

Can you kindly try that out and see if that helps ? I tested it on my lab site and it worked fine for me with my 2012 theme.

PS : Please note that you should not test it live on your main site, test it on a lab site so that you don't risk breaking anything.

Let me know how that goes !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

It should automatically appear on your main menu.

If you want, I can do some more research but you'd need to send me a copy of your theme so that I can test that out.

Send it to the same email where you exchanged the details of login with me and I will test that out for you and see if the code works fine with your site.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.