What is Activity in the Blog Activity Plugin?

In the blog activity plugin, just how is "activity" defined?

If I've got these statistics:

Updated blogs in the last:

Five Minutes: 1
Hour: 3
Day: 18
Week: 49
Month*: 78

Posts in the last:

Five Minutes: 0
Hour: 0
Day: 27
Week: 179
Month*: 636

Comments in the last:

Five Minutes: 0
Hour: 3
Day: 25
Week: 173
Month*: 381

What happened in that one "updated" blog in the last five minutes? It wasn't a post, it wasn't a comment...so what was it? What's the definition of "activity"?

(Also--as a request--this plugin would be hugely useful if I could pick a specific month, instead of just the last month. Is there another plugin that does that? Or an easy way to edit this one?)

Thanks for a great plugin, generally speaking!

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

A blog is considered "active" if there has been any activity at all. Someone poking around the admin panel would result in a blog being marked as active. The idea is to show how many blogs are actually used in any way at all.

Also--as a request--this plugin would be hugely useful if I could pick a specific month, instead of just the last month. Is there another plugin that does that? Or an easy way to edit this one?

The plugin really isn't setup to allow you to look at particular months and I'm afraid it most likely isn't something we'll be adding in to this plugin. That said, timestamps are recorded so you could definitely hire someone to modify the plugin for you.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• Joseph Ugoretz
    • Flash Drive

But actually, now that I think of it, that doesn't make sense to me.

In the example above, where it says updated in the past month is 78, but posts in the past month is 636, how could that work? Shouldn't the number for updates *always* be at least as large as the number of posts? Doesn't every single post count as an update?

If every instance of poking around in the dashboard is an update/activity, then how can it be that there are only 78 updates, but 636 posts?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.