What is best and hopefully easiest way to set up Multistie?

I have been building several regional sites for a client over the last two years most with identical functionality using a specific library of forms per site and specified Roles.

I recently built a national store using a subdomain and used User Synchronization plugin to bring in specific Roles and individual User info to allow use by making store the Sub and regional sites the Masters. The regional sites have unique domains.

Would it be best to just forward these unique domains into a sub domain of store and use Multisite? I am trying to make change and User management easier.

Looking for thoughts on best way to proceed with this build.

Thanks,

Phil

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Phil,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for this interesting question!

Managing multiple users and multiple sites at once is always easier with WordPress Multisite, imho. It gives you much more possibilities and is more “flexible” than any other solution. That said, I’d definitely go here for Multisite setup with Domain Mapping.

To setup Multisite you simply need to setup a standard “single site” WordPress and then just do a few easy and quick tweaks. I’m sure this article on our blog will give you all the necessary information:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/creating-a-network-to-enable-wordpress-multisite/

As you wish to use unique domains for your subsites, our Domain Mapping plugin will be the solution here. Please take a look at its description:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/

There’s also a “Usage” tab on the same page that leads to a detailed installation and usage instruction. With this plugin you are able to either map domain to the sites in your network or let users (sub-site’s admins) do it. You can even sell domain yourself and make money out of it (however this would require an eNom reseller account).

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, I’ll be glad to assist!

Have a great day!

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.