What is happening

i have posted a question about a non-WPMU plug in. Do oyu guys keep deleting it or do you not allow us to post questions about them? Th post has disappeared from my control panel twice! I really hope it’s an error and hop I still get great service on non WPMU releases.

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/help-with-arconix-faq

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/help-with-arconix-faq-displaying-posts

Hello. This is the third post on the same topic so just consolidating everything here to clean it up a bit. I’m not sure what issues you were having with posting, but the WPMU DEV support staff typically doesn’t provide support for third-party plugins.

There are thousands of plugins out there of varying levels of quality and that work differently, so it’s difficult to understand all of them enough to provide support. I recommend contacting the plugin author for support.

However, if someone does have knowledge of a particular plugin (usually only popular plugins) you *may* get help, but it’s unlikely. The plugin author is usually the best place to go. Hope this helps.

• idomagic
    • The Incredible Code Injector

OK., thank you. FYI, I realize this is the third posting, hence my problem with why it is NOT showing up in my support docs. Is it being deleted without saying it's being deleted? What the heck?

And why, since I pay a premium price for support, doesn't the WPMU community not try to solve the problems of other plug-ins? Why is there a "general" question when I post, what is "general"?

It seems short sighted that my post would be deleted without any reason and that you would be such a jerk with your reply. Seriously.

Below is what I see EVEN RIGHT now in my support page on this site, that is why it keeps getting posted. You can see it doesn't show that my requests are on the site,maybe that is a new bug.

But honestly Gabe, ask a question and don't be a jerk. The WPMU site states clearly "Ask us about anything at all to do with WordPress" and more as noted in the screen shot.

Oh, and I am ina bad mood so sorry to be a jerk.

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey, no big deal. We all get frustrated from time to time, especially when things don’t work like they should, so I totally know how you feel. As for the problems with posting, I’m not sure. Maybe there was some sort of lag? Anyway, hopefully consolidating the posts here will get a faster resolution.

Yeah, I get your point. I’m not a staff member so I don’t speak for WPMU DEV, but my understanding is as your screenshot mentions “Members get unlimited, comprehensive support for all our products and any WordPress related queries”. I always assumed they specified “our” because that doesn’t include third-party products. By WordPress related queries I assumed that meant anything generally about WordPress like hosting, increasing performance, etc. I understand how third-party plugins could fall into that category, but guessed that the previous statement precluded such an assumption. Again, that’s just my interpretation of it.

Anyway, have you had any luck contacting the plugin author?

• idomagic

No luck contacting the plug in author and I am in such a bad mood… thanks for letting me take it out on you :slight_smile:

I know you’re not being an ass, I can tell from your reputation. I am really sorry. I felt so bad after I posted that. Maybe someone smart will figure this out.

I really hope WPMU will release or support this plug in. It’s really great. It just needs a visible posts ability.

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey. I saw your post on the support forums for the plugin. In looking through the support forum I saw this thread which seems to detail a similar issue. Please try out the solution mentioned there to see if it works for you. To summarize, the user’s theme setting was setting the limit to 5, the plugin itself defaults to showing all. Anyway, try this out and let us know if it works for you. Hope this helps.

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

Just an update, I took a look at the plugin code and it should indeed list all posts, I couldn’t find any query limitation or anything. It has to be a setting in your theme, WordPress settings, or another plugin that’s causing this issue. Please double check those for us (even try deactivating other plugins) and let us know what you see. Hope this helps.

• idomagic

Hi Gabe, this is what I thought, my theme limits it. I use WPMU because I am, at best, a low-mid level WP developer. Your link was a but cryptic to me, would you mind chipping in and letting me know know what I would need to add to my code to make this work? If not, I will work through it.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Gabe you are super impressive here :slight_smile:

@idomagic I was able to confirm that our support staff had seen all of your previous posts.

Without some further investigation I can’t tell you why they weren’t showing on your Dashboard, but if this happens again please let us know! We will be glad to look into it and make it right.

As far as what we support, we do try our hardest to help with as much as we can, however we are limited to our Plugins and WordPress stuffs. Gabe interpreted right and as much as we WISH we could support third party products we cannot. The code varies from developer to developer, not all of it is wordpress friendly, many of the free ones are created for specific applications and then shared by developers, which means the use cases will vary, etc

So many reasons why we can’t support them. We have no problem with you asking though, as we may have had experience with it personally or you will find users like @gabe who are absolutely amazing and lend a hand :slight_smile:

Hope this helps to explain, and I’m really glad you found your answer. I’m sure it was a headache but it’s awesome when you find something on your own, it’s the best way to learn :slight_smile:

Kimberly

• idomagic

First of all. I owe a HUGE apology. I was the ASS past night. I had maybe one or two too many cocktails last night (I think) and I had no excuse for posting. How the heck I solved the problem in the state I was in is beyond me.

Thank you for understanding and not ripping me a new one… which I would have deserved.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.