What is the best user role to assign to new registrations using your Q&A plugin

Hello,

I am just getting started installing Q&A to setup a simple Question and Answer site.

I would like to know what your recommendation is for assigning a role to a new registration.

I see there is a a new role in my system “QA Visitor”. Should I use this as the default role or use “Subscriber”. What are your recommendations and your recommended default settings for this role?

Thank you,

–Steven

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello again,

The role you choose really depends on what kinda rights you want to give to the newly registered user.

If you choose the role of QA Visitor, then under capabilities settings, you can choose what all rights are given to the QA Visitor role.

I would personally not give the visitors an option to post and delete questions and will let them view it only.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers

PC

• soflaweb
    • New Recruit

Ok,

That is helpful.

I realize I can set whatever I want but I like your recommendation.

So would the process be to allow them view only as a registered QA VIsitor. But then how would I switch their role to say “Subscriber” and give this role the permission to post questions and answers?

Do I use a plugin or automated system to do this?

Or would I have to manually change their roles (which I do not want to do)?

I am also not looking to charge anything for access on this site.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.