HI! I'm trying to build a multifunction site, but I'm unsure of the best approach. I have a test site setup, but I'm still struggling to get clarity on a number of issues - so I'm hoping you can help me with the big picture, then I can ask specific questions as they arise.
The site will be Multisite + BuddyPress and will offer the following functionality (with the plugins I think I’ll use):
• Marketplace – etsy.com style site. Members pay per listing or an annual fee for unlimited listings. Products will be digital downloads or physical. MarketPress + TT MarketPress Frontend + Pro Sites + New Blog Templates. Or would Membership be better than Pro Sites?
• Directory/Classifieds – paid members can advertise time-limited or no-expiry offers. Classifieds or Directory plugin – which integrates best with BuddyPress and Pro Sites/Membership?
• User Accounts:
– free membership just gets a basic profile, added to a specific group, access to some forums
- Paid membership gets a full profile, Classifieds listings displayed, MarketPress shop, access to private forums, access to private pages, blog.
BuddyPress, bbPress, Membership, Classifieds.
• Blogs – Paid members can set up blogs that they can publish on their sub-site, or submit for inclusion on main site.
• Affiliates – however membership is sold (Pro Sites or Membership) need to be able to offer an affiliate program.
• MU Support System – ticketed support system for paid users only.
• Private Member area – paid providers get access to business support ecourses, ebooks, private forum.
There will be 2 types of members – each with different levels of access:
• Public – 1. No registration - Browse all free content, buy from MarketPress shops. 2. Free Register for access to forums, user profile, ability to leave reviews/feedback
• Providers – 1. Free – access to some private pages and forums. 2. Paid (per listing or annual) – set up MarketPress shop, directory listings, sell to everyone, display profile. 2 different provider types that may need to be differentiated later.
The site layout will be:
• Home page – introduction, latest products (auto populated from MarketPress shop listings), Featured Articles (moderated blog posts from all sub-sites), info and Sign Up.
• Main site – BuddyPress, bbPress forums, support ticketing system, private member content.
• Sign up page presents these options:
- Free public registration = basic user profile and forum access
- Free provider registration = select provider types (provider or B2B). Basic profile, access to some private pages, forum access
- Paid provider access – select from different pricing options and type (provider or B2B). Full profile, Classifieds listings, MarketPress shop, blog, forum access, access to private pages.
Each level needs to be added to a different list in Aweber.
I know – it’s a lot – thank you for reading!!
So – I think my main questions are:
- Pro Sites or Membership? Which is the best way to charge for access to different areas of the site and functionality?
- Do any or all of these plugins integrate with BuddyPress? Ideally I want a single sign in and one profile for use in all areas.
- Simple process – how can I make the register+pay process as simple as possible? Do I need a custom sign up form or can I use the in-built functionality of one of the plugins?
- Am I missing anything – can you see anything that just won’t work?
I hope you can shed some light on the best approach because I’m having a hard time getting clarity on this. I can provide more detail by email if you require (flowcharts, checklists, etc)
Thank you so much!