what is the best way to hide wp-admin?

hi,

i would like to hide wp-admin. What is the best way to do this and how do i login?

Adam

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi Adam,

I assume you want to have custom login url / form instead using wp-admin url / wp-login.php ? I suggesting you to have a look at this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-my-login/ This plugin can made serveral custom login page that you needed :slight_smile:

Or you can use WPMUDEV "login redirect" (install from WPMUDEV dashboard) , so when user login it will redirected to your custom URL instead to WP Dashboard. And for login you can use any Login Widget available :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi Adam ,

There're alternatives for hiding your wordpress installation from user. You can start read this article :
    http://www.wpsolver.com/how-to-hide-wordpress-for-security-5-plugins/ and decide yourself what plugin suit your need.

Also WPMUDEV have plugins called "Ultimate Branding", this plugins maybe not hide the fact that you're using wordpress, but you can "Rebranding" your dashboard, so user didn't feel they're using wordpress :slight_smile:

Hope that helps

Best Regards

• John
    • Flash Drive

Hi Adam

If your are open to the idea of not changing your wp-admin URLs please read the following:

I was also thinking of hiding the WordPress wp-admin/login URLs a year ago for mine & clients sites. I did some research and decided not to base on the info I found. I just did a quick search now, and I could not find the article that won me over. But I just found another one which explains it pretty well (link below.) Also, if you read the comments in the WPSolver article from Anang's link, they also say there are better ways to protect a WordPress site then change the wp-admin/login URL. But you have to do what is right for you.

Good luck!

https://blogvault.net/changing-your-wordpress-login-url/

• lol
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi,

I would like to hide it so that visitor do not know that i am using wordpress. i hope that will make is inaccessible for the hackers.

A person with very little knowledge can see right away if the site is running with Wordpress or not.
    A fortiori a hacker who easily find your login page (especially if it is a plugin that does the job ...).
    I think you should rather consider a protection against brute force attacks.

Most websites are not hacked by brute force, but by security vulnerability exploitation.
    I would say that the best security is to have Wordpress core, Plugins and Themes up to date ...

• Bene
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there,

maybe you should take a closer look at some premium plugins on Codecanyon. There are some highly recommendable plugins for about 20 dollars. You should look at all the different plugins yourself, there are also some with firewall and other security functions.

With best regards!

• Bene
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello John,

I also can recommend Wordfence, it have lot of good functions in the free version. Of course, the premium Version do have more security options.

To hide Wordpress als secure your system I would recommend "Swift Security Bundle", sadly the price increased since the release enorm. It have a lot of different functions and good support. But don´t forget, that sadly some developers on CodeCanyon stop without warning updating their plugins or themes.

With best regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.