What is the difference between the Membership plugin & the Protect Content Plugin?

Seems like they both protect content only allowable to specific users.

Can someone explain the difference please.

Thank you

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hi @Guy, hope you're well today!

While both plugins have similar purpose which is allowing you to limit the access to your website content for different levels of users.

While I can't provide full comparison of the two at the moment, I can cover few aspects based on mine and my colleagues experience. So here it is:

-Protected Content is much easier to use for someone who didn't use either of them. It has an improved setup wizard to simplify the most advanced configurations (the setup wizard inside of Membership was very basic in terms of what it helped you to set up, and didn't cover near as much as the wizard inside Protected Content does)

-Protected Content has complete BuddyPress and bbPress integration (Membership protected some aspects of BuddyPress, but had no bbPress integration)

-Protected Content is not as robust as Membership, specifically when it comes to negative v. positive rules. Membership can do more complex content protection but setup is much more complex and time consuming.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.