What is the easiest way to make a private page

Hi !

I'm looking for a little help.
I use Membership with a free registration.
All the members have the Subscription "Membres" which gave them the Access Level "Membre".
The visitors do not have the right to access some pages.

I'm not sure I understand how access levels works.

What is the easiest way to limit a page for a several users ?
If i create a positive rules, they will have access only to this page.

Thanks !

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Pictao,

There are a few ways to do this. I would advise also having a "Visitor" access level created as well. Then you can assign that visitor level to the strangers coming to your site from "Membership -> Options"

On your visitor access level, you could create negative rules to prevent access to any of the other pages.

Then you could allow access to your "Membre" access level to those pages with a positive rule.

Give this a try and if you need more help just let me know. You can also checkout the manual, and videos for membership here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage

• Pictao
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

I should say i already have a Visitor acces level with a few negative rules for some pages. It works fine.

However, if i create positive rule for those same page (or any other page) on my "Membre" access level (or another access level for another user), they will have acces only to those page, and lose their access to the rest of the site.

I just want to, when i add a page, tell : "this page if only for the user who have the level access "Beginners" (for example)".

I'm not sure to be very clear :slight_smile:

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Sure, no problem

I'm sorry for not being more clear earlier, as I can see how what I said might not have been that helpful. Allow me to elborate further, and hopefully it will help you this time:

Positive rules will allow members access to ONLY the items in the rules.

So you could add every section you need as a positive rule, Or if there's a particular section the don't need, then use a negative rule.

Best regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.