What is the full function of the messaging app?

Warm salutations,
From reading all the help topics, it seems the \"messaging\" app may allow \"users\" to send internal mail to each other.

The discussions have focused on mail sent \"between users of different single-sites\", and \"across a network\".

The discussions have begun to describe the application of \"messaging\" externally between sites belonging to a network.

I need to now focus a question on intra-site function.

Meaning, how the \"messaging\" app might work for the users within each of the single-site instances.

Presuming that the proportion of mail traffic may more likely be served up between the users of the same single-site.

So I wish to inquire about the function of \"messaging\" if a single-site is seen in isolation from the rest in the network.

Does it mean that once subscribers have logged into their dashboards of a single site, they are free to initiate the sending of internal-mail to any user of that single-site?

It is not site-admin <--> subscriber relay? That it is truly omnidirectional, and can be essentially likened to \"group-mail\"?

All users are free to initiate mail regardless of status or role?

Thanks for your help with this question.

Best regards.

*Later edit: lmfao! I love how your ticketing system sees quotation marks as coding errors and corrects them automatically with slashes. Just had to note this. lmfao. Goes to show, you guys are geeks-to-the-bone, and gotta love that, for sure lol.

• Ash

Hello Venerables

Does it mean that once subscribers have logged into their dashboards of a single site, they are free to initiate the sending of internal-mail to any user of that single-site?

Yes, correct.

It is not site-admin <--> subscriber relay? That it is truly omnidirectional, and can be essentially likened to \"group-mail\"?

There is no group email feature, it's simple method - any user can send message to any user.

All users are free to initiate mail regardless of status or role?

Yes.

I recomment to look at the newer plugin for messaging, called Private Message: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/private-messaging/

It has some addons that you may find useful. Also, there is a capability addon that you can use to restrict a certain type of users from sending messages.

About the quote and backslash issue, that is already reported and our developers are working on the fix. Very soon the update will be pushed.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Venerables

Hey Ash
    I would also like to run a front-end dashboard where non-privilege users can join to share a private email / messaging system. Eg I dont want to issue them a site each just to access messaging via backend.

I have looked at 'memberships' but it does not seem to create a front-end locked-off dashboard or members-area where messages can be accessed/sent. I have installed communities, but didn't find how to initiate all the facebook-type features. I chose not to install bb/ buddypress function, so maybe that was the problem.

I have looked everywhere - even envato for php code to build in a login page with a sort of webmail interface behind it. That is what we need to aim for.

The newer private messages plugin is not suitable for business purposes. The system needs to have a proper email type layout. Which means the conversation format is not suited to the use-case. Tagove is already installed for frontpage deepcomms including ajax text, voice call and videochat.

Can you please advise. Needing that private area for email like messaging.

Best,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.