What is the IP address used during the cloning process?

I block public access to my staging site. During the cloning process I received 403 errors when it hit the media library. What IP address is it being accessed from so I can update my .htaccess file?

Thank you.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @PEF MIS, hope you're doing well today, and welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

Not sure how this is a IP address issue, as the cloning process is all taking place inside of your server. Would you have the server logs handy? If so , could you post them here please, so that we can have a look?

Also, could you post your .htaccess rules here please?

Please advise,
    Michael

• PEF MIS
    • New Recruit

From my .htaccess:

#order deny,allow
    deny from all
    # Office IP, Office 2 IP, XXX's House
    allow from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

When this is implemented, I get 403 messages while cloning when it attempts to copy files from /wp-content/uploads/ - just as I do if I try to access the site from a location that isn't in my IP list. I changed the above to this:

#order deny,allow
    #deny from all
    # Office IP, Office 2 IP, XXX's House
    #allow from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

And it worked.

I don't have server log files available. If you'd rather discuss this in a non-public way, please send a message to the email on my account. Thank you.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @PEF MIS

I am tagging an available developer from second level support line in this thread for his valuable opinion on this issue. Please note that, developer response might be slower than usual staff response, so we appreciate your patience on this.

Cheers
    Ash

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hello @PEF MIS,

I hope you are well today and I'm sorry for the delay.

I've checked the issue, and find out that is a bug, and this is not cause because your htaccess, usually, htaccess only block from outside, not the web service it self.

I'm working with the developer about this issue, and he will response to this thread soon :slight_smile:

I'm sorry for this inconvenience and many thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.