What is the maximum capacity of a group chat?

Hi, I want to use the chat plugin for a large group chat. What is the maximum capacity on a single chat on a page?

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Scott,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Can you please be more specific about this ? In terms of which capacity you want to get insights ? Is is maximum user allowed to chat or something else ? Please advice bit more and I will have our developer's view on this. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Scott,

Your welcome. :slight_smile:

I've just pinged our Chat plugin developer to give you his insights on this. He will get back to you soon. Please keep in mind here that response of developers are slightly slower than usual support staff here ( like me ). So you may need to wait bit more than usual here. Meantime, we hope cooperation from you.

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

• Umesh Kumar
    • Code Wrangler

Hey @scottmagdalein,

TBH I've never tested the plugin for a large set of users, but the plugin is for fairly small number of concurrent users.

The plugin works on Polling, i.e by sending continuous Ajax requests, so more the number of users, greater the number of Ajax requests, and hence in the end it comes to the server capacity.

So I'd suggest that you give it a try on a development server, if it works out well in your criteria, go ahead with it.

Will be happy to answer in case you need further help in here.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.