What is the proper way to upgrade a prosite to a higher level in Paypal

I had a user ask how to upgrade to a higher level in Prosites. I am using Paypal as the gateway.

I checked while logged in as the user on their site, and there is a button in the top admin bar that says "Account." When clicked on, it took me to the registration page (/pro-sites).

Even if someone does upgrade inside their dashboard or if I do it for them, that still won't change the actual Paypal "subscription" payment that was previously set up in their Paypal account, right?

So, do they then have to re-register to create a new Paypal subscription for the higher level Prosite, or is this somehow automated? That would mean the old subscription would have to be canceled either by me or them.

I know there have been some changes in Prosites in the last few months. The button on a user site used to say "Upgrade," I believe.

Thanks for the clarification, Joe.

• Sajid

Hi @joejacobson,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Upgrading from existing account to higher is pretty straight forward. Just got account page by clicking on "Account" or "Upgrade" blue button from toolbar on right side, select the plan and checkout. Pro Sites does this all automatically you (admin) do not need to do anything from backend or user does not need to re-register to upgrade.

I have just tried upgrading from lower level to higher level using PayPal payment method and everything went just fine for me.

If you get any specific issue while upgrading the Pro Sites level then do let me know and I will be happy to help.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.