What is the right way to set up my subscription plan?

Our membership website was set up with some existing members brought forward from a previous website.

The subscription plan is intended to be an annual subscription

So I set a up a plan with an initial finite period (free) to take them up to their normal renewal date, followed by Serial membership level valid for 1 year and a renewal cost.

For those members that renewed, everything worked fine (or appeared to anyway - at least they were able to renew as intended.
But for those who didn't, when the initial finite period expired, their membership expiry date was automatically moved on to another year without any payments having been made.

I have 'reset' them all again on a finite period, but I want to ensure that their membership isn't renewed automatically like happened last time

Any advice please?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Johanna, hope you're doing well today!

For something like this, instead of lumping the finite and serial periods into a dripped content subscription type, I would actually want to separate them into two different subscriptions (making the finite subscription private, so the general public can't register for it).

That should prevent them from getting a free renewal when the time comes, they would need to subscribe to the premium subscription to continue receiving access to your content.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael