What is this code for in the MU folder?

What is this code for in the MU folder? If we are not using the mu folder what is the ms_networks list for and can the MU folder be deleted? I am tryign to clean up multisite.
the code goes on...
<?php
/**
* Networks List Table class.
* @package WPMN
* @since 1.3
* @access private
*/
class WP_MS_Networks_List_Table extends WP_List_Table {

function __construct() {
parent::__construct( array(
'plural' => 'networks',
'singular' => 'network',
'ajax' => false,
'screen' => 'wpmn',
) );
}

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @OD,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

mu-plugins stands for Must Use Plugins and all the plugins added there will be functioning even without activation, all you need to do is place them there.

This particular code looks like it related to WP_List_Table and since I don't know how did you get that code I'm not sure if you should delete it, it might be used by your theme or some of your plugins.

You can always make a backup of that folder and then delete it to see if it's affecting usage of your site and that way you will know if it's used for something :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• ITsupport

Thank you for the response,

I have been striving for a conversation (support : ) ) with aspects of MN forever. Jude and Michael have been very helpful. I know all about the MU folder (I guess not all) but I know it is not included default anymore but is supported. Just wondering if I need it at all.

Question: With my Mulit-Network. I am running Brajesh Singh's buddy-press-multi-network on w/ Multi-Network http://buddydev.com/buddypress/introducing-buddypress-multi-network-plugin-create-multiple-separate-social-networks-on-a-single-buddypress-install/#comment-349017

I'm pretty sure buddy-press-multi-network is should activated on each network. But should Multi-Network be activated on each seperate network site. Not talking about each site within one network. but the original blog/site created with each new network. So I currently have 7 networks each with a site. Do they all need Multi-Network activated. Currently that is what I am going with. Checking. Would love for you to look into it.

I am getting a re-direct loop at this yfoakland address http://youthfootballoakland.clcshare.com/2015/05/31/youth-football-cheer-oakland/

before I delete this Network, could you look at that? Thanks, trying to clean up mult-site/network.

different from bp-mult-network.

Enabling Access

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello OD!

I took a look at the code from your original question and I agree with @Predrag Dubajic that the only way to find out if it does affect your site in any way would be to delete it, taking a backup first to be able to bring it back in case removal breaks your site.

There's also a disclaimer on WordPress "WP_List_Tables" docs page that says that this class is originally marked as private and it shouldn't be used in plugins/themes at all.

I know all about the MU folder (I guess not all) but I know it is not included default anymore but is supported. Just wondering if I need it at all.

My opinion on this would be: no, you don't need MU folder unless you are actually using it (for example: you've placed a custom code there that modifies WP behavior). That said, if you manage to successfully clean it up, you should be able to safely delete it.

I'm pretty sure buddy-press-multi-network is should activated on each network. But should Multi-Network be activated on each seperate network site. Not talking about each site within one network. but the original blog/site created with each new network. So I currently have 7 networks each with a site. Do they all need Multi-Network activated. Currently that is what I am going with. Checking. Would love for you to look into it.

If I follow this right you need a single separate install of "Brajesh Singh's buddy-press-multi-network" for each of your networks. I might be missing something here though, so correct me if I misunderstood you please.

I am getting a re-direct loop at this yfoakland address http://youthfootballoakland.clcshare.com/2015/05/31/youth-football-cheer-oakland/

I've visited the given URL and didn't experience any redirect loops. Did you manage to fix it by yourself or are you referring to any specific action I should take on this page? Please advise!

Also, it would be great if you could start separate threads for all the issues that are not related to the original questions of the topic. This would help us sort things out and speed-up our response time!

Thanks and have a nice day!
    Adam

• ITsupport

Hey Adam, Great Post! Yes. I had some last minute crunch time revelations and you guys if not the ones doing it (whatever) have helped just by that, it seriously is vague on this and while all is correct I believe it is responsible and correct to verify. Fact: there is no technical manual. Yep.

Check this out. Just commented out "define current site equals" as the mn plug calls for, makes sense. keep your eyes peeled.

Further, look what I found, I did not do this. Yf is selected as the primary site. while this is what the host guy muttered on the phone, from looking in the file manager tables... So I am re-setting it to clcshare.... this is what has been cause a BIG DUD FOR EXAMPLE WITH FB APP ETC.

But yeah, and I deleted the MU folder acting as a double mn plugin. That and Sitelock pointing to www for 3 monthes just helped. Oh and I just found the error log = 32 GB on lss and 16 GB on clc and deleted them (filezilla force unhide files) bang. took away the attempt to get me to "you better get this new diskspace.." "It looks as if your about to get into complete failure. breakage.

Keep your eyes peeled again. I found the Delete notification switched "OFF" 1 of 3 notifs and 20 plus options, I would never. I told the dudes there about the associative properties of the roles and I have manipulated files that same night from notifs. I'm going to see if the notifs appear in Enterprise along with the billion other notifs.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ryan!

I had some last minute crunch time revelations and you guys if not the ones doing it (whatever) have helped just by that,

That must be our Collective Mind sending such an enormous amount of positive vibrations all around that all the answers come up straight to you without even the need to ask questions! :slight_smile:

But seriously, it seems you've managed to clear a lot of unnecessary stuff from your site! That's great. If you'd need any further assistance from me or my colleagues, don't hesitate to ask. We'll be glad to help!

Have a nice day!
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Ryan,

I hope you're well today!

There are many plugins that will allow you to redirect users to the selected URLs after login, however most of them do not handle redirection only for newly registered users (or - let's say - first login).

I think though that this "Peter's Login Redirect" plugin may help with a little tweak that's well documented here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/peters-login-redirect/other_notes/

At least, it should make a good starting point!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.